For Sale 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury - HEMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, I came up with my own power window conversion and put the switches on the console. Power locks as well.

As this ain't a normal WIW thread, and this is a child - first things first.
#1 For any/all of us that are believers, go grab the hands of your closest brethren and pray for this girl and this family.

#2-3 is for Fragl -
Don't worry about the expense yet. Most hospitals (around here anyway?) have payment plans, some zero interest even, some of the debt can be forgiven, etc, to allow you to dig your way out afterward. I'm not saying it's not an ordeal -- I'm just saying don't worry about that until you know what it is.

Got a fundraiser site set up for your daughter?
If you do, I think we'd all agree you should post it here.

Wow, thoughts and prayers for that lil girl.

You did such outstanding work on the car. It's gorgeous, absolutely stunning.

Wishing all the best for this situation.

I have always been telling my wife that people on this forum are the best, different than any other. Thank you all.
This is a very personal matter and it is tough for me to discuss. I hope I will not offend anyone if I ask to keep discussion cars related...

My heart felt thoughts and prayers for you , your family and that little girl. Is she yours or a relatives? You didn't say, just that the cash going for a 11 yr old girl. If she is not yours I applaud your efforts and commitment to helping.

Sorry, I was typing when you posted. I understand if you don't want to answer the questions.

No need to apologize for kind words.

I have been building the Read head for 2 years in total. I enjoyed every moment of the process and proud to say that the only major thing not done by me was seat covers from Legendary interiors.
Mopars are great cars and I know I will be building one again.

I am so sorry to hear this news. Let us know of any fund I may contribute to to help in some way. We are in the same neck of the woods and thought it would be great to stumble into you at a car show and meet you and your beautiful creation.
I wish you all the very best.

I am so sorry to hear this news. Let us know of any fund I may contribute to to help in some way. We are in the same neck of the woods and thought it would be great to stumble into you at a car show and meet you and your beautiful creation.
I wish you all the very best.

What Turboomni said + God Bless

I'm not all that far from you & as the owner of 4 '68 Fury's it pains me to see you have to let this car go & I wish I could afford to buy it and sell it back to you someday.

Bill

So far I have not received any offers on the car. I posted here, on b-bodies, Facebook, a couple other car sites. I guess it might take a while.
Am I doing something wrong, or should I just wait?

So far I have not received any offers on the car. I posted here, on b-bodies, Facebook, a couple other car sites. I guess it might take a while.

You are doing fine. Be patient and see what the eBay auction brings as I think that is the best of the various ways that you are marketing the car. I do, however think that for your car the best way to sell it for maximum money might be at a MECUM auction with a reserve. Just my opinion given how different the car is and the quality of work that you did. I forget what the mid '60's modified Chrysler did a few months ago at an auction but it was surprising. Your car is much more attractive than the Chrysler I am referring to was. Might be worth a call to MECUM along with emailing some photos.

Very sorry you are parting with her... beautiful car and neat conversion... I suspect you have a timing problem, as much of the country is busy wrapping up their cruising season and starting to think "holidays"...

I think your car is worthy of the big auctions, just be cautious of the "no reserve" variety. I know you don't want to discuss circumstances, but the story might make a real difference to an auction crowd. Sometimes the deep pockets in a room want a cause to open up for.

Am I doing something wrong...?
Absolutely not. Happens to every one of us when backed up against the wall and we put a beloved C-body up for sale.
The C-Body Gods are cruelest to their own worshipers. And I don't know why.
A test of faith I imagine... :(

Relisted on eBay - someone on this forum really needs to buy this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back