For Sale 1968 Plymouth VIP. 440 with 4 speed and A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.
So VIP for this car originally translated in Very Important Policeman I guess.

Even though there was no build sheet on my '62 300 convertible, I wanted to confirm what I could thru Chrysler Historical. They gave several things including a copy of a punch build card. I wanted to confirm most of all that it came as a factory 3 speed on the floor. Especially knowing how rare it will be in this model. The color of my convertible top was important to me as I never seen one with a white colored roof. Red leather, sure-grip etc all came that way from the factory in 1962. All of those years it was not modified or changed. The info did not get specific enough to tell me about the 300H wheels (15" vs 14") and hubcaps.

100_0390 (1).JPG

This is quite likely a 1 of 1 car, without having to break it down into what radio is in it, and other hijinks like the A-B-E boys do.

4-speed C = uncommon
VIP 4-door = uncommon, at least nowadays
VIP fasttop = rare
440 VIP = rare
AC with 4-speed - by many accounts AC not avail with 4-speeds, although the C-bodies might've been relaxed on that, as the factory probably never thought anybody would order a C-body that way
So add them all up, and what do we logically get?

I think the only thing more rare than this car would be the same options in a 4-dr hardtop.
blonde.gif
:lol:
how much do you want for it, Stan? :poke:

how much is he asking for the VIP? Anybody know? Anyone see a tag pic?

Adding to an old thread...

I own the black 440 four speed VIP w A/C. Saw this thread a month ago but had trouble signing up on this forum. Car isn't currently for sale, so we should probably move this thread or start another.

I bought the car from the original owner in Austin, TX and brought it to CA where these pics were taken. I'm now in Idaho.
Pretty interesting car, special order. Two fender tags, three build sheets. Unusual options to say the least. I'm happy to share whatever info I have and find some answers to my questions about it.
TP

A dealer underdash AC install was not uncommon when the factory didn't offer it.

I own the black 440 four speed VIP w A/C. Saw this thread a month ago but had trouble signing up on this forum. Car isn't currently for sale, so we should probably move this thread or start another.

I bought the car from the original owner in Austin, TX and brought it to CA where these pics were taken. I'm now in Idaho.
Pretty interesting car, special order. Two fender tags, three build sheets. Unusual options to say the least. I'm happy to share whatever info I have and find some answers to my questions about it.
TP

Welcome. Thank you for joining.

I’m one of the numbers geeks on here. I’d love to see pictures of the tags and broadcast sheets documenting the four speed a/c set up.

Why do you say it's a dealer installed under dash unit?
In response to post #9.
Often where a/c was not available, usually a big block 4spd car, an aftermarket under dash unit could be installed.
A buddy ordered a '70 sixpack 4spd Challenger and had to go the underdash route. Factory wouldn't build it with a/c.

TP

Very nice car !!!!!!!!!!!
Can you post pic,s of the interior …...seats/shifter.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back