NOT MINE 1969 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron Coupe - $5,850 - Union City, Michigan

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 10 hours old.

1969 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron Coupe - $5,850 - Union City, Michigan

CL Description
1968 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LEBARON 2 DOOR HARDTOP. I HAVEN'T LOOKED INSIDE THIS CAR FOR MANY YEARS BUT I THINK IT HAS ABOUT 80,000 MILES, 455 V-8, REASONABLY GOOD CONDITION. DON'T THINK IT HAS ANY RUST. IT WAS DRIVEN INTO THE BARN 30+ YEARS AGO AND HASN'T MOVED SINCE, SO CONSIDER IT NON RUNNING. IT IS A VERY LARGE CAR, YOU COULD ALMOST PUT FOUR PEOPLE IN FRONT SEAT. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL FACTORY WHEEL COVER INSIDE THE CAR (THEY DONT SHOW IN PICTURES). I'M 88 YEARS OLD AND DECIDED IT'S TIME TO PART WITH MY 30 CAR COLLECTION (WHICH ALSO INCLUDES ELDORADOS, LINCOLN CONTINENTALS, OLDSMOBILES, ETC. NO MUSCLE CARS OR FORDS, CHEVROLETS ETC. PLEASE EMAIL FOR MORE DETAILS. THANKS, RON.
00f0f_hRlGAMya9baz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00v0v_bOOLkvCPEYSz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Honestly never thought I would consider a Michigan car.
This imperial looks to have no rust as far as I can see. None around windows either.
Looks awesome really. Is it black or brown?

69 seems to be the least favorite year of the 69-73 Imps.

What is it that gets the 69 less love?

No, that's a 69. It looks like Plum to me. Damn it, if I were to have an Imperial that would be it.

That's a deal that needs to be bought. Don't lose it.

69 seems to be the least favorite year of the 69-73 Imps.

What is it that gets the 69 less love?
I’m not a fuselage guy but if I were to buy an Imp from that era it would be a 69.

Last edited:
SO..........Who got this car?

The old fella Ron said that the car was going to be sold today at a show and tell. Multiple people interested. I couldn't figure a way out to check it out or get anyone close to check it out.

It was NOT me :-(

Had contacted the seller 1 week ago, but did not receive any reaction thus stating that I would be willing to pay the full asking price.

Because I believe that car is an amazing find I may have been on the hook 5-6 years ago.
I hope it went to someone here . I'm afraid it'll be listed again in two months for 20 grand.

Do we know it sold? He says as ad will be taken down when sold but it's still up.

yeah you;re right .. but could go either way one that one. seller could just be behind in his housekeeping or counting the money.

like polara71 said though, IF it is gone, and IF a shampoo and bath, boots, and some minor mechanicals are all it needed, it would possibly be an irresistible flip shot for someone so inclined.

The car came out of Florida in 1984. He parked the car in the barn when he purchased it. He said it didn't have any rust but that he did remember something under the rear window so probably a little rust under the vinyl top at the rear window.
The fella is 88 years old and is sharp as a tack. Nice fella. He does not have any other mopars with the exception of 1 or 2 50's cars. Ton of the brand X's.
I tried to get it held for me but there were people already committed to coming to his open house last SAturday. I sent a text and asked if the imp sold. We'll see.
I asked for a fender tag picture but i don't think he is all that savy with camera's. Also the cars are out in the boonies compared to where he lives so he can only get out there every other weekend apparently.

Here yal go. Pictures. This is all your gonna get unless one of the people who stopped by the property took pictures and want to post them up here.
The old fella Ron told me that he couldn't find the trim tag on the radiator support. Also someone else said there is a cover that goes over the hood latch that is missing (not sure what he's talking about).
No one purchased this car at the asking price. Ron has stated he will lower the price but probably not by much.

imperial 1.jpg

Imperial 2.jpg

imperial 3.jpg

I'm not sure it's worth the 6K.
And I'm not sure it's worth the 5K if he drops to that.
The interior is rough. All yellowed, typical for white leather anyway.
Headliner appears to have some molding around the rear window.
Window plug's upholstery is falling off.
Not sure what's going on with the package tray.
Door panels are not the greatest but look savable.
Seats are torn up pretty bad it appears.
There are wires hanging down on the brake pedal. Wonder what that is about.

I'd be willing to bet there is a build sheet in there somewhere.

It sucks that I just couldn't get more pics out of the fella. Would have been nice to see the typical rust areas, especially since he remembered "something" by the rear window from back in 1984.

Back