NOT MINE 1969 dodge monaco

...1969 Dodge Monaco 4dr Hardtop - $19,995 - Cerritos, California

"...[Disabled] Heater [and] AC ...Small trans pan gasket leak [despite trans rebuild]...Headliner [f¥€<ed up], too lazy to put it up the proper way. Blower vent motor [or] buttons not working. Not sure Radio works ...Some dings here and there, ...Driver seat worn Passenger seat worn ...And if it doesn’t sell quickly, price will only go up."
:wtf:

Now is he on something - or off his meds? Duhhh, did he try turning the radio ON and work the way up the dial, or did the lack of a touchscreen baffle him?

The dashboard padding is bad, too.

Last edited:
DH43H9D160652 is now on eBay for 15k...

1969 Dodge Monaco 4dr Hardtop - $14,995 - Cerritos, California

eBay Description

1969 Monaco/Polara 4bbl 383ci 330hp 425ftlbs tq, Dual Exhaust 4-Door Hardtop

Anyone putting an offer in must message me first to confirm interest. Please send me your full contact information, Full Name, Address, Home/Cell Phone. Method of payment, and confirming knowledge of $500 NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit upon bid closure. Yes, the Deposit goes towards the purchase of the car, not an additional fee.

Please check condition details for more info on the Monaco. The Dodge is road ready, can be driven cross country no problems! PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE SENDING IN OFFERS OR BIDDING.

Please see below for more pictures of the 1969 Dodge Monaco 4-Door Hardtop with Dodge Hi-Performance 383cu 4bbl motor with dual snorkel and dual exhaust.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-11.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg

s-l1600-10.jpg

The more I see those '69 Polara/Monacos, the more I like 'em!

At 19 grand? I'll borrow a line I just saw on the Craigslist Morons' thread: he's really out to lunch. (Not that I could afford it anyway.)

I'm guessing that there's a cracked heater core or something; I can't think of any reason to disconnect the heater - instead of just not using it.

The asking price for DH43H9D160652 is now down to $10k. Still too much IMO, even though I really like this car:

Interesting that the car went from 5K to 20K when the title changed hands.

Truly out of touch with car guys reality. Flippers just piss me off. Add 1K and call it good. Flip another one. 15K though? For some touch ups to the car?

Interesting that the car went from 5K to 20K when the title changed hands.

Truly out of touch with car guys reality. Flippers just piss me off. Add 1K and call it good. Flip another one. 15K though? For some touch ups to the car?
As I have noted elsewhere, when DH43H9D160652 first went up for sale, I very seriously considered buying it. A close friend of the owner, who was helping the latter with the sale due to the his poor health, is a very nice person and he helpfully procured and forwarded the info that I needed and requested. That interaction generated a number of additional pictures showing the car's overall condition.

The main issue, cost-wise, is that this car needs an interior redo, as it has been thoroughly sun-baked. Since rust is not an issue, it is mostly just money -- but when one adds the dash, the headliner, and the front seats, not to mention re-chroming some of the trim and replacing sundry smaller pieces like the armrest pads and bases, etc. -- we are talking about $5k with labor to redo it right, as I would want it. So one is already $10k into a car, without doing the A/C or any of the other mechanical items. Add the latter, and it had better be a "must-have" car. For me, it is not.

This said, it sports a very nice color combo, has a 383-4, and has the rare bucket seats with buddy. If I had unlimited space and time, and did not care about being more than half underwater, then I would have bought it -- but I do not, do, and thus did not.

BUT, it seems that I was the only person seriously interested before the flipper showed up. So now, we are seeing the outcome. :BangHead:

@saforwardlook @david hill

PS: Here is the fender tag for records.

fender tag 123_1-29.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe its just my getting up there in age, but it seems to me this country is surely being ruined by unbridled greed and egos everywhere one turns and a complete lack of morals or good judgment anymore.....................

The above discussion is just one example of where it leads.............................

I agree, it does appear to be repair. There are a few spots that I question on this car that I am sure would be cleared up by looking at the car in person. But at that price, I'm sure I will not.

Is it me or is the rear passenger quarter panel just above the tail light have some bad bondo or is it just the pic?

I agree, it does appear to be repair. There are a few spots that I question on this car that I am sure would be cleared up by looking at the car in person. But at that price, I'm sure I will not.
Here is a photo of the same car back in 2017, courtesy of @MrMoparCHP -- perhaps he can comment?

1661123264636.png

Here is a photo of the same car back in 2017, courtesy of @MrMoparCHP -- perhaps he can comment?

View attachment 553587
At the time I gave the car a cursory look, wasn't interested in it in any way. I never cared for the rear window on the 4-door hardtops, I think at the time it had a For Sale sign in it, I may have posted it then.

Alan

Relisted again.

DH43H9D160652 is back for sale on CL in OK. The car has had quite a bit of work done in the past year:

"Selling my 1969 Dodge Monaco,
Good solid car from California, and now she resides in Oklahoma .
It has the original numbers matching 383 High performance engine, and heavy duty 727 Transmission (...) also came with dual snorkel breather, and dual exhaust (...)
I rebuilt the 383, it is bored .030 over , when I tore the motor down, it was very clean like the owners before me changed the oil regularly.
I put in quality engine components, Keith Black pistons, Edlebrock performer intake, double roller timing chain, Competition Cam that has a little more lift than what came from the factory, not too radical, Hastings rings, new cam bearings, rod and main bearing, windage tray, new electronic ignition, Fel Pro gaskets , and topped it off with a brand new Edlebrock performer 800 CFM Carb.
A lot of money was put into the heads with all new valves, guides , heavy duty springs, and keepers, 3 angle valve job and hardened seats were installed to run unleaded gas.
some of the other things I have done since I had the car, just installed new rear KYB shocks on the rear, the front are good, it had one bad tie rod end but I replaced all 4 of them. I was told that the transmission was rebuilt from the previous owner but I completely flushed it, added new fluid and filter , and installed a brand new TCI pan with drain plug. brand new radiator and water pump, and a new power steering pump , and new battery, and new Master cylinder
I have the original wheels and hub caps with like new tires, I installed brand new tire on 15" Cragar 5 spoke mags
The car is a factory A/C car but most of these components were removed, if I keep the car I will put Vintage air in.
The car will need interior work done, and to really make it nice a new paint job. I have a much better dash pad and instrument cluster that will go with the car
(...)
$17500 or best offer
"

00L0L_fl3TaE7nU1j_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_hJVt2lQAA6x_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_2p8Zq5lxJ34_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_9XRIdBGiE36_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00000_2XIIKytDML2_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_ae6rRrkppoF_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_gcZ90d4N5Zd_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_h9EdoM8jFoJ_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_4QdxujFGADV_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00808_1ajMgOPPVQd_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

That was something I was interested in. With my 69 wagon being a white interior car this would have made a great stable mate.

I have a personal rule. A rebuilt engine is a bad engine. I do not know this guy's credentials , how it was built, why it was built or how bad he abused it once done. Just too many questions.
So this buyer, now seller wants me to pay to undo all he did all the while knowing he was gonna flip it. AND Now the trunk pan is wrong.

Back