NOT MINE 1969 dodge monaco

The trunk pan in 69 was body color with just the border spattered into the quarters and wheelhouses.

Alan

The trunk pan in 69 was body color with just the border spattered into the quarters and wheelhouses.

Alan
Very true but also an easy fix. Much rather correctly paint a solid trunk floor than have to replace a rusty one AND correctly paint it.

They could have left it alone instead of looking like hes trying to hide something.

Gonna flip it, don't change anything. Maybe clean it, maybe.
They could have left it alone instead of looking like he's trying to hide something.
Then again, perhaps the owner may have bought this four-door not to flip it but to enjoy it -- and may now have changed his mind, for whatever reason, after spending time and effort to make the car into what he thought would be a good, reliable, classic.

He could have dubbed and subbed it with Chrome engine accessories and a plastic Mary on the dash, it would have the same appeal to me.
It's ruined.

Obviously that's strong but it lost its appeal. He even said the engine was clean but he opened it up and tore it down anyway.
It is devalued, a lot.

Then again, perhaps the owner may have bought this four-door not to flip it but to enjoy it -- and may now have changed his mind, for whatever reason, after spending time and effort to make the car into what he thought would be a good, reliable, classic.

Then he should have invested the money where it was needed, the interior. Nothing wrong with the stock manifold, radiator and wheel covers.

Seller states, “The car will need interior work done, and to really make it nice a new paint job. I have a much better dash pad and instrument cluster that will go with the car.
Then install ’em, dammit!

Still wouldn’t be worth the a$king price, though.

Back