NOT MINE 1969 Dodge Polara 500 for sale in the NL (2dr, yellow)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This yellow 1969 Dodge Polara 500 with superlite is for sale in Bussum, Netherlands. The asking price is 18,300 euros (add 15-20% for a USD equivalent).

$_219.jpg

$_218.jpg

$_21.jpg

$_212.jpg

$_213.jpg

$_214.jpg

$_215.jpg

From the markings, I am 99.99% sure that this is DM23G9F100612 -- a car that was for sale at Carlisle last year (the asking price was $13.5k) but did not sell then. It was sold on eBay in November: see this thread for a discussion at the time of the auction, three months ago. The wheels and tires are different now, consistent with the reseller's claim that it has "got a brand new set of beautiful 15" alloy wheels with brand new 245/ 275 Cooper tires (the original wheels with Dodge hubcaps are included)."

A video by Lou Constabile of the car and its then-owner @moparfats is available from YouTube:

Last edited:
according to the Dealer Website...This is DM23G9F05929..unless I'm understanding something wrong...
View attachment 437190
Order number (VON) vs. Identification number (VIN). Here is the tag.

--> That's her all right. We are now 100% sure that it's DM23G9F100612 given the VON you found.

fender tag.png

huh.. thanks!.. learned something new today.
Here is something else: the last 6 digits of the VIN (at least on fusie models) always starts with a "1" -- so a "0" first digit was not possible.

Here is something else: the last 6 digits of the VIN (at least on fusie models) always starts with a "1" -- so a "0" first digit was not possible.

Same with E bodies. First car for 70 E is a 100001.

Please rephrase that statement. It reads as if the VIN of all Fuselage cars start with a one. I understand what you are trying to say but you aren't saying that.

And I agreed. Not all Ebody vins start with 1*****. Some start with 2***** and 3*****. None start with 0*****

This yellow 1969 Dodge Polara 500 with superlite is for sale in Bussum, Netherlands. The asking price is 18,300 euros (add 15-20% for a USD equivalent).

View attachment 437115
View attachment 437116
View attachment 437117
View attachment 437118
View attachment 437119
View attachment 437120
View attachment 437121

From the markings, I am 99.99% sure that this is DM23G9F100612 -- a car that was for sale at Carlisle last year (the asking price was $13.5k) but did not sell then. It was sold on eBay in November: see this thread for a discussion at the time of the auction, three months ago. The wheels and tires are different now, consistent with the reseller's claim that it has "got a brand new set of beautiful 15" alloy wheels with brand new 245/ 275 Cooper tires (the original wheels with Dodge hubcaps are included)."

A video by Lou Constabile of the car and its then-owner @moparfats is available from YouTube:

another example of a decent car that couldn't find a new owner in the US even though it was advertised and available for a long time

Carsten

More photos posted, showing the car in the snow recently:

DODGE-POLARA-07.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-00.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-01.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-02.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-08.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-03.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-04.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-05.jpg

DODGE-POLARA-06.jpg

another example of a decent car that couldn't find a new owner in the US even though it was advertised and available for a long time

Carsten

:bs_flag: the seller was an *******. Im gonna sell it not gonna sell it. I dont know if I want to sell it. I need the room I'm getting out of cars, hey look at my new 69 fury. If I sell it I'm keeping those wheels. Let me rethink selling it. My wife doesn't want me to sell it. I wanted 11.5 for the car but now I will take 13.5.
The excuses never ended with this guy, for this car or his silver car. If he wanted to reach a serious buyer it should have went in Hemmings.

:bs_flag: the seller was an *******. Im gonna sell it not gonna sell it. I dont know if I want to sell it. I need the room I'm getting out of cars, hey look at my new 69 fury. If I sell it I'm keeping those wheels. Let me rethink selling it. My wife doesn't want me to sell it. I wanted 11.5 for the car but now I will take 13.5.
The excuses never ended with this guy, for this car or his silver car. If he wanted to reach a serious buyer it should have went in Hemmings.

he reached a serious buyer.
A classic car dealer from holland

It was sold on ebay for 11k IIRC

Was this one at Carlisle this past year, in the car corral?

I agree with Dave, the seller dicked everyone around.

of course he might have been difficult to deal with. I don't doubt that at all.

But if someone really wants to have a certain car: he could have dealt with it. You just have to really want the car and be passionate about it

of course he might have been difficult to deal with. I don't doubt that at all.

But if someone really wants to have a certain car: he could have dealt with it. You just have to really want the car and be passionate about it
Changing prices and going back and forth when someone shows an interest, is not the way to sell anything. I'm not going to go back and dig up the thread(s) when it was for sale, but he sure made it impossible to deal with him. I remember the car because of the way he handled himself.

Back