1969 fury 318 pvc valve and rubber grammet

69mopar man

Reaction score
Hey folks where can I get the OE pvc valve and rubber grammet for my 69 fury 3

CB06EB0B-BC34-490C-AE66-74EE2F84C563.jpeg

:rofl:

Back around the time Year One was born and I was trying to sell off my used parts this was the standard answer "I get one from Year One". I'm really surprised you don't hear much about them these days. Are they the bane of aftermarket re-pop parts now? I know they ain't much for C-Bodies but you don't hear about them on all the custom car shows, I guess they don't have to ***** themselves out.

The grommet looks right but the pvc valve doesn’t match mine ? I bought one from autozone doesn’t fit, any one know what I’ve got ?it’s a real short valve , see picture

The grommet looks right but the pvc valve doesn’t match mine ? I bought one from autozone doesn’t fit, any one know what I’ve got ?it’s a real short valve , see picture
As I said, the metal one I posted in the correct one for 69 and was changed in 1970 to the white plastic ones.

Alan

This is what I have now , I thought it was OE maybe not, from classic ind , I don’t want to spend 100.00 do you think this will fit?

2CC15E90-E1AA-4AC2-9EE0-FC318D57C9A7.png

If you still got the old metal one and want/have to keep it... it's a simple device and can be cleaned with spray can carb cleaner.

First, there was the OEM metal valve. The orig one on our '66 Newport had "Stanadyne" stamped on one of the flats on the hex. At the time, I did not know what "Stanadyne" was, but later found out they built diesel injection pumps (i.e., 5.7L, 6.2L, 6.5L GM diesel V-8 engines). It had the metal "cap" it secrewed into, but could be used sans cap, too, with a rubber grommet.

Second was the OEM hybrid plastic one, which Rolick's website has. Only problem with that was that the plastic could tend to separate from the metal valve. Not good! Posslble source of "unfound" vacuum leaks?

Third was the OEM full-plastic one which came later, by 1972. No problem with it separating when you pulled it out of the grommet. That is the style which almost ALL of the vendors have superceded the metal valve and hybrid plastic valves into.

As our '66 Newport 383 had the netak valve and cap set-up, I just kept clenaing the orig valve as the plastic ones would not work. When the first metal ones came into repro, I was shocked at the elevated price, but the price has elevated more since them.

Thanks for the inks,
CBODY67

Back