For Sale 1969 Fury III Coupe - I Love You

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very pretty car, but at the end of the day it is what it is - a re-colored, bench-seat, 318 car on plain wheelcovers and over 100k miles. Not a SF, no buckets/console, no VT, no bigblock, not low mileage - none of the things that add pizazz and help solidify value and collector appeal.

12k was a very reasonable offer, I'd be very surprised if he gets one any higher than that.

Well guys I wrote to the owner and offered $12,000.00, but two days later I received a very nice email stating that after talking with his wife he would not negotiate a lower offer. He stated that of all of the classic cars he has owned he liked the Fury lll the most. Just thought I would put this out there just in case anyone had any interest.
Hmm, Sorry to hear that.. I thought 12k would easily get it done. Maybe they are trying to recover costs for all the body work he's not telling you about.. and paint. Maybe you just dodged a bullet with this one.

Last edited:
I felt is was more than fair all things considered and you are probably right. He made it sound like the car was very special which it very well may be but only to him. I wished him well with the sale and moved on.

Right. And for him to place such emphasis on the build sheet being a "collectors dream", while neglecting to place a premium on proper paint color for body, engine compartment, and engine is a gross mistep.

And none of us have even seen this in person. To repaint everything correctly after spending 15k...

Btw, the no vinyl top to me is a GIANT plus! Otherwise, some good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back