For Sale 1969 Imperial Crown Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hank Hill does NOT like charcoal ... nope...
BBQ can only be done with propane..... :tiphat:

Im assuming you're serious so I'll tell you he's a propane salesman on the tv program King of the Hill.
Oh for crying out loud, I should have googled the name huh? I am terrible with names, I really am.

Please tell me how to post the pics, since I'm still pretty new and don't see where I can attach them. I found out the car will run on propane and gas. It last ran in 1983. I had a voicemail from the owner last night. Right now, I don't know if my wife is going to let me buy the car. I have a 78 Eldorado with power T-Tops that she has never let me complete. So, I may have to sell my Eldorado and find a running 69 thru 71 Imperial to have a car I can drive, since my wife hates the car hobby so much.

Please tell me how to post the pics, since I'm still pretty new and don't see where I can attach them. I found out the car will run on propane and gas. It last ran in 1983. I had a voicemail from the owner last night. Right now, I don't know if my wife is going to let me buy the car. I have a 78 Eldorado with power T-Tops that she has never let me complete. So, I may have to sell my Eldorado and find a running 69 thru 71 Imperial to have a car I can drive, since my wife hates the car hobby so much.

Age old problem... wives cost too much to keep and too much to get rid of... many feel your pain

You know if the propane set up is restorable an interesting side effect would be propane stores forever... let you drain gas tank and still move the car when you like.

I could of have had some very nice cars with what 3 ex-wives have cost me!!!

We get the "Gotta ask my wife" objection all the time to which we respond "What if she says no?" To which ego takes over and responds "its my money my decision" to which we respond "Press hard 3 copies sport" ..... Usually ends up bringing it back next day with tail between legs asking if he can give it back....wives kill more car deals but sometimes with good reason as I would be living alone in a shack surrounded by my projects otherwise. Watch the movie "Suckers" much closer to stealership life than "The Goods" IMO Shower scene is hilarious.....

We get the "Gotta ask my wife" objection all the time to which we respond "What if she says no?" To which ego takes over and responds "its my money my decision" to which we respond "Press hard 3 copies sport" ..... Usually ends up bringing it back next day with tail between legs asking if he can give it back....wives kill more car deals but sometimes with good reason as I would be living alone in a shack surrounded by my projects otherwise. Watch the movie "Suckers" much closer to stealership life than "The Goods" IMO Shower scene is hilarious.....

To be honest, I thought seriously about taking a sales job when I knew I couldn't wrench anymore... not flat rate with 2 bad shoulders. You must be good and know how to maneuver the BS politics. In the shop we would run a poll on how long some of the new sales guys would last... 90 days is a magic number... 2 weeks after he sold the beater he drove when he got the demo, and out the door he goes.

I wouldn't last five minutes working a showroom floor
The BS game where you have to "talk to the manager" everytime the offer moves $50.00 would drive me nuts.
Plus, I would probably end up shooting the manager after every one of those meetings where he beats you death to get more sales.
No way.

My techs don't bother to learn the sales guys names until they have been there 6 months

I talked to the seller Jeff this morning for about 15 minutes. This 69 Imperial is a one owner car. It doesn't have a lot of miles on it. He has several Derby guys who want to remove the engine/transmission and use the body. I can't buy the car, but I'm praying somebody can save this car before it's destroyed. Jeff Frank has the car and his number is 1-714-544-6223. Please somebody.........save this car!!!! If anyone is interested, please contact him immediately.

I talked to the seller Jeff this morning for about 15 minutes. This 69 Imperial is a one owner car. It doesn't have a lot of miles on it. He has several Derby guys who want to remove the engine/transmission and use the body. I can't buy the car, but I'm praying somebody can save this car before it's destroyed. Jeff Frank has the car and his number is 1-714-544-6223. Please somebody.........save this car!!!! If anyone is interested, please contact him immediately.

I SERIOUSLY hope it gets saved.. and I would HATE to leave this rust free baby to get killed by Derby-idiots.

I was informed, that is runs on both regular gas, and propane.. AND IT NEEDS HELP !!

Here is some extra pic's... (Thanks to John)

SAM_1337.jpgSAM_1338.jpgSAM_1339.jpgSAM_1340.jpgSAM_1341.jpgSAM_1342.jpgSAM_1343.jpgSAM_1344.jpgSAM_1345.jpgSAM_1346.jpg

SAM_1337.jpg

SAM_1338.jpg

SAM_1339.jpg

SAM_1340.jpg

SAM_1341.jpg

SAM_1342.jpg

SAM_1343.jpg

SAM_1344.jpg

SAM_1345.jpg

SAM_1346.jpg

This kills me.. The Derby idiots are hovering over this lonely, unloved Imp, like vultures.. so it's not even being parted, but slaughtered..

Both bumpers are better than mine, and they are getting CRUSHED!

Chryslerguy is out... Not gonna buy.. last chance.. if not to late already !

I gotta move to the States, and buy some land.. and start saving some C's.. Saving from over here is not an option financially.. it would kill me fast !

Kasper is sad !

:-(

From what I can see of the pictures I can say that the propane conversion does not alter the original gas system at all and is simply a bolt on extra, the original carb is probably still in place too. Simply remove the propane system holus bolus and then get a standard air cleaner for the carb and you are good to go.

Simply remove the propane system holus bolus and then get a standard air cleaner for the carb and you are good to go.

..to the Derby.. :-(

Thanks Wolfen, but Chryslerguy called the seller, and told him he's not gonna buy anyways, and some Derby guys were waiting in line..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back