1969 Imperial progress thread

So that you are able to identity some of your unknown parts by looking at my bag labels. :p
And, maybe, because that are the names from the FSM. Makes it easier if everything is in the same language.
Here are a couple of pics of the bracket, the mount holes are 7.25in apart. Let me know if it will work,.

number plate light.jpg
number plate light1.jpg

are you keeping track of the $ you are spending on all off this?

never mind the hours involved...................

I keep a file on my projects, but mostly only the large amounts spent on parts and services.

I don't keep a tally though. I say to myself... I am still above water and, besides, this is a labor of love.

I figure I'd just waste the money on food and rent anyways. If I ever sell, even at a loss, I will end up with more then I would have saved.

That's how I have felt with every pandoras box I have opened.
The end result may have been a disaster but the personal journey on the way to disaster is always a funny story in itself.
Like trying to start your car and getting nothing at all for ages, only to look across and see the starter motor on the bench?

Just brilliant work whomever did this, well done.
I took apart evenything on my car carefully the last time I was there.

Thankfully I had rust free donor pieces from my 72 donor imp.

I prepared all the patch panels at home in my shop. Taking this sheet metal layer cake apart without damaging it was a challenging task at its own.
But I ended up with "almost" perfect patch panels. After cleaning, media blasting and applying weld primer to them I mailed them to my friend where the car is sitting right now and he welded them in.

Donor fender support brackets are on the fire wall as well. My original ones had both broken off screws in them and it was easier to replace them as I had good ones from the donor.
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 19.18.53.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 19.18.13 (1).jpeg

He also did some patching on the interior floor pans. I will post more pictures of it as soon as I have them.
Floor Pan Center Right 01.jpg
Floor Pan Center Right 02.jpg
Floor Pan Center Right 03.jpg
Floor Pan Center Right 04.jpeg
Floor Pan Center Right 05.jpeg
Floor Pan Center Right 06.jpg
Floor Pan Center Right 07.jpg
Floor Pan Center Right 08.jpeg

These two panels are welded in now, unfortunately I don't have pictures yet.

Back