1969 Imperial progress thread

I thought when he found the car his content would taper off not viewing his ad search repost.
This thread is waaaay more entertaining.
Keep up the good work. That car will be more beautiful and functional than ever before.
It feels like an entire live ago on here since I posted all these for sale ads. :D

It took me a while, but I found a shop that had almost all the correct FLRy (or TXL in the US) wires in almost all colors I need.
The only colors I can't find in Germany are tan and dark green. They only have one "light" green.

This guy will probably be able to help you.
Gotta be patient though, his is very busy and therefore shut down his website until next tuesday.

Enkeladerig draad

If you're gonna contact him, you might want to ask him about the tanned wire too, good chance he either has it or knows how to get it.

We had beautiful weather yesterday and I was able to inspect the body thoroughly for the first time. When I picked it up in the winter, the weather was too bad and it was to dark to do so.
I made 160 detail photos. If someone is interested, they can be viewed in my Dropbox.

I don't even know where I'd find new properly colour coded wire...
Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc.

You have to dig through their website a little and get past the older stuff, like the cloth covered wire (which is excellent BTW) and you'll find a good selection of plastic coated automotive wire by the foot. This is one of the only places I've found that offers the wire with the tracer stripes. Like I say, it takes some digging and their website isn't the best, but it's there.

This is more like following a automotive fine art thread then a restoration thread. Some of pictures you've posted are good enough to be framed and hung in a gallery..... or man cave. Hey Julian....... Have some made into posters and sell them to help off set the costs.......! :D:)

It took me a while, but I found a shop that had almost all the correct FLRy (or TXL in the US) wires in almost all colors I need.
The only colors I can't find in Germany are tan and dark green. They only have one "light" green.

Amazing job again Julian!....may I ask the name of that wire company where you find what you need, thanks!
Regards
Mika

This is more like following a automotive fine art thread then a restoration thread. Some of pictures you've posted are good enough to be framed and hung in a gallery..... or man cave. Hey Julian....... Have some made into posters and sell them to help off set the costs.......! :D:)
I honestly thought about doing that for my shop. A timeline around the perimeter of my shop for example?!
And I thought about printing the digital wiring diagrams I made as posters as well ;)

Now I have a full set of NOS emblems for the Imperial! :)
2021-04-26 10.57.42-1.jpg

2021-04-26 11.03.04.jpg

Most of them thanks to @marty mopar !

You told me you were going to melt those down and make wedding rings or was it fake Rolex watches!!???

Glad you enjoy them. All but the tiny Imperial nameplate for the steering wheel I ordered when these were still available in the 1980s.

Back