1969 Imperial progress thread

Well, it's done! My 1½ Years long search got to an end. Thanks to all you guys supporting me :)
A special thanks goes to Dano for all his kindness and patience. He's a really nice guy!
Another big thanks goes to Matt (detmatt) for all his help during my search!

It will take a few weeks until I have the car here but I can start with sharing all pictures I have.
I will do a total restauration from top to bottom and try to do as much as possible by myself. This will take a few years. Or even a few more... but I'm not in a hurry.

I'm sure I will have a lot of questions during this process!

Cheers, Julian

View attachment 22688View attachment 22689View attachment 22690View attachment 22691View attachment 22692View attachment 22693View attachment 22694View attachment 22695View attachment 22696View attachment 22697

View attachment 22688

View attachment 22689

View attachment 22690

View attachment 22691

View attachment 22692

View attachment 22693

View attachment 22694

View attachment 22695

View attachment 22696

View attachment 22697

Today, 8 years ago my journey with Jacky started :)
LSyoS1s.gif

Julian, at the level of the restoration you have performed over the last 8 years, I don't believe anyone could've done it any faster, considering that every part you've touched and the detail you've completed during that time is now 110% perfect IMO.
You must keep going as I can't wait to see your finished restoration.

Really? I would have thought the Cosby thing was international news. Maybe you should get out of the garage more often.
:lol:

:poke:
Nope just stay in the garage, it’s the best place to be anyway….

I'm sure it was in some of the media here back then but I haven't heard about it.

I like my garage, it is indeed the best place to be! ;) (and/or my living room, which is scattered with parts and/or my basement, which is stuffed with most of the "smaller" parts) :D

Yep, turns out he’s just another womanizing creep.
I think drugging women and then raping them is quite a bit beyond that point.

Cosby really shows how hypocritical the entertainment industry is. He was preaching morality and acting as a role model when all the while doing his dirty deeds.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the discussion, just needed to show how bad he really is.

Back to Imperial restoration please.

I think drugging women and then raping them is quite a bit beyond that point.

Cosby really shows how hypocritical the entertainment industry is. He was preaching morality and acting as a role model when all the while doing his dirty deeds.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the discussion, just needed to show how bad he really is.

Back to Imperial restoration please.
There were so many similar stories in the relatively recent past that I actually couldn’t remember how bad his details actually were. Thanks for the reminder.

Finally, the Door Boards are done! Laser Cut from 3mm MDF boards.

I checked them against the originals and they are a perfect fit! :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

1969 Imperial 2-Door Hardtop Door Boards.png

1969 Imperial 2-Door Hardtop Rear Trim Panels.png

They are free to use for everyone who needs them as long as it’s for personal, non-commercial use!
Since reproductions are not available, I made my one Templates for the Door and Rear Trim Panel Boards. After multiple rounds of measuring and correcting my Templates, they are finally done.
They are perfectly fitting 1969 Imperial 2dr Hardtops. I’m not sure about other brands and model years since they constantly changed the door pulls and such.

The PDF-Files are scalable, vector-based Templates with all the exact measurements for everyone who needs them to cut the boards out by hand.

The DXF-Files are optimized, ready to use files for CNC use with a Laser or Mill.

Last edited:
And then, a thin, final coat of filler was applied to seal everything. Already tinted to match the M9 base coat.
Next will be to prep the doors and fenders to this stage to match the body lines and finish.

Meanwhile I will scuff, seal and prep the underside so it can be painted as well.

After all that, there will finally be the M9 base coat and 3 coats of clear. :)

Paint 072b.jpeg

Paint 074.jpeg

Paint 078.jpeg

Paint 079.jpeg

Paint 081.jpeg

Paint 083.jpg

Paint 085.jpg

Paint 086.jpg

Paint 089.jpg

Paint 090.jpg

Wow outstanding! Certain it will be the best '69 Imperial in the world, probably the best Imperial in the world.

Back