For Sale 1970 300 covertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll stick with an AFB, AVS type carbs. I nave NO USE for the early 4bbl Hollies and was never impressed with the TQ, especially once they quit working right.

It is really rare that an AFB or AVS will ever give you trouble being rebuilt. The TQs, maybe 20% of them at this point in time do give me problems, in which case I find another one that won't. But dialed in, I find the TQs very nice, but not in the lean burn era. They were calibrated too lean to begin with.

Trust me, you wouldn't rather have at least an original 1969 or 70 Holley that was standard equipment on the standard 440 back in the day. They were all junk within two years due to cheap castings/material that warped after a few years. New Holleys are fine, but not the old ones. The Thermoquad was a good carb and unless the plastic bowl gets warped or someone leaves out the two O rings, they run great (and if you get the secondary air valve adjustment dialed in).
I was being rather facetious. I have never owned a car with a Holley as I don't much care for them either. I have rebuilt a few though.

I find the TQs very nice, but not in the lean burn era. They were calibrated too lean to begin with.

That's why you break the caps off and tune them the way you wish, at least for the idle. As I wrote earlier, once my TQ was rebuilt, it ran quite well. But, I had removed the lean-burn in favor of a Mopar Performance Ignition, as well as a dual-snorkel air cleaner.

Now no drivetrain.:BangHead:
1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Only 1,019 produced in 1970. Roller, no motor or trans. 97,800 miles. Body is in fair condition but the interior is in good original condition. Car has front disc brakes with standard 10in rear drums, hood/fender mounted turn signals, deluxe am radio, decor group, power steering, original front bucket seats, console with wood grain, power top, tinted glass and roll up headlights.

The Good: Doors, trunk lid, hood, side glass, stainless trim is all present and in good shape, both bumpers, front grill, roll up head lights, 3 new tires, front bucket seats and rear bench, center console, dash, gauges, steering wheel, door skins, original hubcaps and convertible top does work.

The Bad: Trunk floor pan bad, lower rear quarters bad, front windshield cracked, convertible top old has a few holes but rear glass is good.

Clear title

Give me a call with any questions. Car is sold as is.
313-706-8011

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2659.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG

Well that sucks. This is the 2nd fusey I posted on FCBO that was listed on CL recently, which has met the fate of being an engine donor car.

Well, its not like we all didn't have a very long time to save it since it has been highlighted and for sale for several months at least, and the price initially was right. If the guy were able to sell the roller at his price, he would have obtained a likely very nice engine/trans for very cheap. If I had been near Detroit when it was first listed, it wouldn't have met this fate.

Oh now you're blaming me...:poke:

$2k is too much for a roller, but it is still better than what I started with. For the right price it could be a good starting point for a project.

Question, every '70 300 hard top, vert, 4 door, I see has this rag joint. Mine has a solid shaft for the column. Anyone else have one that's not a rag joint?

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back