1970 300 door pulls (saddle tan)

Bob can help you out with those arm rests too.

Thanks for the hint, but I have already corrected this problem.
The picture is old, from the sale advertisement 2014.
Ashtray is now in there too ;)

Thanks for the hint, but I have already corrected this problem.
The picture is old, from the sale advertisement 2014
Glad to hear! I do have to give Bob a shout out anytime I can though, he's been very good at providing us with parts for our "C" 's. :thumbsup:

I'm checked his website when it was posted here. Very good stuff. Last weekend, at a small meeting, I shared my new knowledge to another "C" driver, who also needs the handles.

I will advertise his products here whenever I can. Nice that there are businessman who support our cars and not only the mainstream :thumbsup:

Or you could do what I did, (but only if your not looking for any awards or trophies).

1)Go to the junk yard, Spend $20 for pulls off most 1970-1982 Lincolns (or I think any 1970's luxury car will have them), cut a little of the leather off, drill a couple holes in the pulls where you need to mount them.

2)Buy quality vinyl chrome, (because cheap chinese crap doesn't bend or stay put) for about $30 and learn how to wrap it on whatever you want. I did this 2 yrs ago and still looks good to me.

3)Buy quality 3M chrome stripping for $25. I thought it would fall off since its not for vinyl, but its been on there over a year so far.

IMG_0348.JPG

@300L can you post a pic of your door panel with the pull strap ?
the door pulls on my 71 fury wagon (with optional Sport Fury wagon upgrade interior ) are not the same as the door pulls on my 70 300.
under the end covers they are completely different......
the 300 straps are covered with stitched vinyl, the ones on my fury are molded, heres a pic of the fury door panel.
i cant post a pic showing the difference right now, im away on a vacation.
but will post a pic in a couple of a spare fury one when i get home

mark

View attachment 393420
IIRC, we established that there was a change somewhere in the 1971 model year to the pulls. I believe you have the later style. You'll have to do a search through some of the discussion on @CanCritter 's restoration (possibly) but I think we had some examples of both styles.

Or you could do what I did, (but only if your not looking for any awards or trophies).

1)Go to the junk yard, Spend $20 for pulls off most 1970-1982 Lincolns (or I think any 1970's luxury car will have them), cut a little of the leather off, drill a couple holes in the pulls where you need to mount them.

2)Buy quality vinyl chrome, (because cheap chinese crap doesn't bend or stay put) for about $30 and learn how to wrap it on whatever you want. I did this 2 yrs ago and still looks good to me.

3)Buy quality 3M chrome stripping for $25. I thought it would fall off since its not for vinyl, but its been on there over a year so far.

View attachment 396693

Thank you very much for your advice, but thanks to steve's help I gave the order to bob.

Here at the German junk yards, 70s US cars especially Lincols, are very difficult to find;)

View attachment 396693

Given the specialty pedigree of a 300 Hurst, most owners like to keep them original.

I like that you used the 3M bright vinyl piping on the door panel rectangular embellishment to refresh it but given your efforts on the door pull in the absence of having authentic ones available 2 years ago, couldn't you at least use vinyl spray to make both the door pull and the armrest the light brown color to match the rest of the Hurst interior???

correct color leather available at sms….tryin to find my door pull file but have misplaced it....still huntin

Hi Saforwardlook - I like the black pulls and armrests better which match the rest of the interior. I don't like the speakers on the doors but they were already cut out when I got it. Bought car off Ebay for $1,000 because its a real 300 Hurst and I wanted a driver, not a trailer queen. Beat up drivers are nice because you can tailor it to your preferences for much less. Most people (except you guys) don't notice that anything was done to it.

Uhhh...yaaa, it was really bad, but solid frame. The trunk is new sheetmetal I welded in. It's for a 1988 Chevy S10 from JCWhitney for $50 ....cool !

300int3.jpg

300trunk-1.jpg

300trunk-2.JPG

Last edited:
I just wanted to provide an update from Bob Baker at ABC Moparts that I received this morning. He wanted to let us know he now has the correct grain material in stock in black, green and white in addition to the tan used for the Hurst door pulls.

Bob has come through for us when no one else that has tried to reproduce these has been able to accomplish the task, so please do let him know you appreciate his efforts and send him some business.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
I just wanted to provide an update from Bob Baker at ABC Moparts that I received this morning. He wanted to let us know he now has the correct grain material in stock in black, green and white in addition to the tan used for the Hurst door pulls.

Bob has come through for us when no one else that has tried to reproduce these has been able to accomplish the task, so please do let him know you appreciate his efforts and send him some business.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for the update Steve :thumbsup:
I hope many will take up Bob's offer!

Hey folks

last Saturday I received the new door pull handles from ABC Moparts.
Every day of waiting was it worth. Bob and his team did an excelent good job :thumbsup:

20201024_150249.jpg

It a good feeling that the door panels are back in good and complete condition
20201024_163155.jpg
20201024_163539.jpg

My special thanks goes to Steve @saforwardlook who sent the hardwear to bob for the restoration :thankyou:

Best regards from a happy Sport Fury driver
Joerg

$195 + shipping per pair

As I understand from Bob, these are made by one person by hand (in Canada (?) I believe he said) using a special sewing machine to get through the thick material. That is what drove up the price. The Chrysler 300 Club tried to do them with out a special sewing machine and their efforts failed due to thin, cheap and incorrect looking pulls. So if you want correct looking like I do ......................they are well worth the cost.

Thank you for this background information Steve!
To me they are worth every penny :thumbsup:

Back