For Sale 1970 300 (eBay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many cars that fly through here in the "for sale" section, it's easy to lose track. My timeline was a bit off but I thought this 300 looked really familiar.
I don't remember the blue one you speak of.
This car was reviewed here on a "For Sale" thread from 9/3/16, The car sold on eBay on 9/6/16 for $6215. (can't copy thread link)
Doesn't look like anything has been done to the car since it was last sold.

yes, it is the same car.
Just check the fender tags :)

I posted a lot of pics from it back then has quite some rust under the v-roof

Carsten

yes, it is the same car.
Just check the fender tags :)

I posted a lot of pics from it back then has quite some rust under the v-roof

Carsten

He shows a couple photos of the vinyl roof, and it doesn't look that bad to me. Are there places he clearly avoided showing the rust where it is more prevalent?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I do recall the Nebraska B7 blue 70 300 had plenty of rust in the roof though.

But all the original 500 of these built are still on the road.:poke:

:-D

The 300 Hurst, has to be "the most frequently seen, really rare car", and apparently for sale, most of the time! 3 confirmed, probably 4 seen here in Denmark alone, a country so small, that it can't be seen, (unless you point your cursor btw Norway and Germany, hold down CTRL, and scroll vigorously upwards..) :-D

:-D

The 300 Hurst, has to be "the most frequently seen, really rare car", and apparently for sale, most of the time! 3 confirmed, probably 4 seen here in Denmark alone, a country so small, that it can't be seen, (unless you point your cursor btw Norway and Germany, hold down CTRL, and scroll vigorously upwards..) :-D
The subject of this thread is far rarer than any Hurst 300.

OK, now I do recall the history of this car a little better. It first came up for sale in Nebraska, and was apparently sold to someone in Illinois, and the guy in Illinois sold it to a guy that has posted infrequently on this site in Arizona, and who is now the current seller. Here is the link to the previous discussion of this car in 2016/2017:

For Sale - 1970 CHRYSLER THREE HUNDRED 2 DOOR HARDTOP

It is worthwhile to read one post in particular from the current seller I presume:

4404bbl.New Member
0 0 0
Add Feedback

Hello I was the winning bidder on this car last year ( I enjoyed the comments lol) and have put some work into it, New Radiator, Motor Mounts, Fuel Pump, Rebuilt brake booster, New Master Cylinder etc. A newer rebuilt Holley 4BBL. carb as well. All original parts have been saved. I also have new parts that have not been installed, New rear THREE HUNDRED Badges, New grill surround, New front shocks and new front valance. Everything works except the dimmer switch for the dash lights which can be rebuilt or replaced. It could also use a switch for the windows as its a bit jerky and does not provide power to the rear windows. It has been garaged and driven sparingly. I had an estimate for the top repair and it was around $700-$800 with a max of $1200-$1400. I have other projects and just bought a car from a close friend that I have wanted for years so I am going to need the garage space. Great unique car that I'm sure I will miss because I will not find another. I'm asking $7250 O.B.O as I have more than that in it. I will try and get some more pictures over the holiday. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:
Sold for $5025.

Seems way too cheap for that car.

But then, the latest bankrate study says that about 70% of Americans do not have even $1000 in savings to cover emergencies. Emergencies generally have to be covered by credit cards and other measures like borrowing from relatives/friends. We are going down the drain. And Europeans generally won't buy these cars without an inspection from a person who they trust that does this for a living, and those generally cost upwards of $2000 to conduct alone. They also like cars a little better than this one. Americans have a bad reputation regarding honesty of their car descriptions.

Last edited:
I'm noting the lack of spatter paint and saving the pic for the next time I hear "They were ALL spatter painted". Mine wasn't either.
I don't know what you mean by "spatter paint." However, if you look at the wheel well, that was the original color of the car. The green was a repaint. Why??? I have no idea. If I can ever afford it it will return to silver, or "Platinum Metallic" as it was called.

I don't know what you mean by "spatter paint." However, if you look at the wheel well, that was the original color of the car. The green was a repaint. Why??? I have no idea. If I can ever afford it it will return to silver, or "Platinum Metallic" as it was called.
Spatter paint is that gray/black color with specs of other colors.

It's been discussed here quite a few times. Example:
Trunk floor paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back