1970 300 headlight doors

Fireguyfire

Reaction score
I’m finishing up testing and re installing the factory front light harnesses on my 70 300 convertible and I’m wanting to change out my headlights while I’m at it.
I know there is a way to manually open the headlight doors so that I can do that; the decal is gone that says how.
Can anyone enlighten me on the procedure for manually cranking the headlight doors open?

The bottom of the motor has a knob that you turn. Its a little slow, but it works.

Knob on bottom.
upload_2021-9-21_20-12-58.png

just turn the ignition on, turn on the headlights then turn the ignition off. the doors will stay open until the ignition is turned on again ( with light switch off)

Haven't put the door motor in my Newport yet. So, I can just flip the doors by hand and the springs keep them either up or down. Have had them like this since May.

20210409_183152.jpg

A related question; should the 1157 bulbs in the front grille turn signal lenses be amber? Mine currently are, but it looks like the FSM calls for a regular 1157

A related question; should the 1157 bulbs in the front grille turn signal lenses be amber? Mine currently are, but it looks like the FSM calls for a regular 1157
1157NA amber for the 300 grille turn signals.
1157 for the bumper signals.

Back