1970-72 c body dash cover.

71fury3

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with the dash covers that we've seen on places like eBay. they go for around $300 and you can buy them either unpainted or painted. the dash in my 71 Fury is totally destroyed,( sun damage, dry rot etc..) it seems like it's almost impossible to find another complete Dash and good condition and the same color I need. I thought this might be a good alternative, was wondering if anyone has tried this?

I don't know anything about the $300 ebay covers but ABCMoparts.com is selling re-pop's for around $800. That's not a bad price considering justdashes.com is wanting over a grand to recover yours.

Hey guys,.. thanks for telling me about the ABC mopar option,.. that seems like The better route.. just have to look at my overall budget, and decide what I can and can't do. Anybody ever replaced the cloth headliner with bows in it before?

Anybody ever replaced the cloth headliner with bows in it before?

Legendary Interiors should have one. Spend the money having it installed though. It's a lot of work to get one right and you may need a steamer to really do it right. There's guys that have done them but I think most will agree.

Hey guys,.. thanks for telling me about the ABC mopar option,.. that seems like The better route.. just have to look at my overall budget, and decide what I can and can't do. Anybody ever replaced the cloth headliner with bows in it before?

I did one in an E body before. I left the seats installed, the doors were open on a windy day. It wasnt hard but I was a lot younger. These days I would pay to leave the pro do it as John says

I am currently completely re-doing the interior in my 70 Sport Fury. I just met up with Bob from ABC on Saturday and got my new dash pad. Looks good.

Additionally, if you want a correct headliner, go through SMS Fabrics. They have the correct 70-71 material, and are sewing me up a new headliner (which I believe is on its way to me). The headliner bows actually come out pretty easily. Not sure about putting them in with a new headliner on them, however.

Any other questions just let me know and I'll try to help.

IMG_6897.JPG

70 tom... wow, floorboards on your fury look fantastic.. original paint still looks very pristine... wish the floors on my 71 looked that nice.. I had a couple holes here and there, I sanded the floors and coated them entirely with p.o.r 15..

70 tom... wow, floorboards on your fury look fantastic.. original paint still looks very pristine... wish the floors on my 71 looked that nice.. I had a couple holes here and there, I sanded the floors and coated them entirely with p.o.r 15..

Thanks. Yeah, overall they're nice...on that side. The passenger side front floor is pretty rusty and even has a hole or two. Hopefully most of it will seal up with some rust converter and I'll weld in a patch where there's a hole. Not sure if my windshield was leaking (I think that's the case) or the heater core. I'll know more today when my windshield and rear windows get pulled.

Just don't be like me and break your front windshield when you pull it.. (had to replace entire roof skin cause of vinyl top damage).. I'm having a hard time finding an affordable replacement that isn't over $500 bucks.. and that's not included shipping.

Just don't be like me and break your front windshield when you pull it.. (had to replace entire roof skin cause of vinyl top damage).. I'm having a hard time finding an affordable replacement that isn't over $500 bucks.. and that's not included shipping.
Oof. I'll make sure he's careful with it. Sadly, I think it might be starting to de-laminate (getting cloudy around the edges). I'm hoping it's just years of dirt/filth, but we'll see I guess.

Back