Dash Cover?

Stoffauge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

thinking about getting a dash cover for my wavy and not great anymore looking dash (was cracked a lot, filled the cracks and painted it back to black).

Thought about black sedona lether from these guys : Custom Dash Covers

Anybody any experience with it or pictures or do´s oder don´ts .

Would like to hear all kinds of opinions please.

NOT SURE IF IT WOULD LOOK BETTER OR NOT.....

Fabian

C4A6FF25-ED07-4101-9A69-BCF4D1760C54.png

Old Pic , steering wheel back to rebuilt original one; new headliner, complete refurbed Seats, dash in real looks a bit WORSE than on that pic

Last edited:
The only good option in my view................................All Products scroll down..........................

Check with Bob Baker, the owner, about when this product will be available again. Everything else looks inadequate to me at least.

The only good option in my view................................All Products scroll down..........................

Check with Bob Baker, the owner, about when this product will be available again. Everything else looks inadequate to me at least.
Def is a new dash THE solution but don´t have the moey right now and before I´d spend it there I do have other issues to take care off. I would rather love if Bob would find somebody who continues the rear window surrounds.......

Perfect fit.

These are pics I was looking for. Makes it very easy for me to decide now. Thank you very much! Gonna try it!

Def is a new dash THE solution but don´t have the moey right now and before I´d spend it there I do have other issues to take care off. I would rather love if Bob would find somebody who continues the rear window surrounds.......

These are pics I was looking for. Makes it very easy for me to decide now. Thank you very much! Gonna try it!
Fortunately, my dash is perfect, somehow. But when the car is sitting in the sun or even going down the road....well, I hope to keep it that way. :thumbsup:

Troubling to see all of the "Out of Stock" notations. Due to lack of cores to rebuild? Will he do "send to" restorations, rather than have them in stock?

Just curious,
CBODY67

I got mine from Autonotions, LLC on Amazon. Fits good. In this picture I hadn't fastened it down yet. Was letting it form first.
mon10.jpg

Troubling to see all of the "Out of Stock" notations. Due to lack of cores to rebuild? Will he do "send to" restorations, rather than have them in stock?

Just curious,
CBODY67
Last time I talked to Bob he said one reason for all the out of stock was his guy who made all the fiberglass parts retired and he has nobody to replace him.

Just curious,
CBODY67
Honestly, I am really not sure anymore. He has lost his supplier that makes the plastic parts replacements as Chris noted but I am not in the loop about why all the dash pads are not going forward either. I know there was a supply chain issue regarding the rubber supplies used in making them but I thought that was behind us. His previous supplier for the plastic parts was near Kingman, Arizona but his dash pads were molded in California and I didn't hear that there were still issues with supplies for those.

It seems to be the view in the replacement parts industry that the C body guys don't have deep pockets like the GM/Ford guys do so maybe the profits are not there to make this worth his while even though the costs of many of his parts are indeed pretty significant but so are the supplies and costs to make them. But having said that I still see that many of his GM products aren't available either.

The reality for us C body guys is that if Bob isn't making these parts anymore we are really just out of luck/screwed in terms of doing any real nice restorations anymore.

I have one that came with my Newport 20 years ago. It's white and I've never used it. It fits flat like the one on the Hurst. If you'd want it, it's yours for the price of shipping.

Fabian, what you can also do is make a jig of the top of the pad out of cardboard or thick paper, then go to a fabric store that sells vinyl, leather, swade or what ever material you prefer, cut to shape, sew on a backing, get some adhesive velcro tabs and Claus is your uncle, in north America it's Bob's your uncle!
Reason I'm telling you this is not many of those dash design places carry C body models.
Plus you will have the fun of making it yourself, getting the wife or mom to sew it and most importantly saving money.
Should not cost you more than 30 Euros.

Have a nice day,
PT

Check out Coveritcanada or Covercraft dash pads, enter year, make and model. You might find what you are looking for!
I entered 67 Chrysler Newport with an embroidered name and it came out to $113 bucks canadian.
Add shipping and tax.

Good luck.

I was all set to pull the trigger on one of these... Got the samples and everything. I wanted it to keep the dash from frying in the sun.

Now I see there's no holes for the speakers...
So you really need holes for the speakers? Your system has that much fidelity? Believe me....your Journey, ABBA and Frampton tunes can be heard through the material. :poke:

I have one that came with my Newport 20 years ago. It's white and I've never used it. It fits flat like the one on the Hurst. If you'd want it, it's yours for the price of shipping.

What year? I need a '68.

Back