1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

Think part of the confusion is the last picture posted by Critter showing his 71 U Code SFGT far off the condition we know.
I had to look up his resto thread just to make sure that the picture was taken prior the resto and not recently.
At first sight I thought it was involved in an accident or vandalism.

While Derek was in the hospital the Doctors decided to remove his sanity and replace it with an overwhelming desire to build a 70 Fury GT from nothing but used pudding spoons and styrofoam cups....:poke:

piece of piss.jpg

While Derek was in the hospital the Doctors decided to remove his sanity and replace it with an overwhelming desire to build a 70 Fury GT from nothing but used pudding spoons and styrofoam cups....:poke:
So, lemme see if I understand wtf is going on...
The 70 GT was going to be a Resto done by The Critter himself.
Then he thought he saw God and put both GTs up for sale.
It wasn't God, but Lakeland Lash wearing a halo.
So the The Critter went back to work on the 70 GT.
How am I doing.
And what about the restored GT???
Rip, I'm glad it's not just me...

So, lemme see if I understand wtf is going on...
The 70 GT was going to be a Resto done by The Critter himself.
Then he thought he saw God and put both GTs up for sale.
It wasn't God, but Lakeland Lash wearing a halo.
So the The Critter went back to work on the 70 GT.
How am I doing.
And what about the restored GT???
Rip, I'm glad it's not just me...

Yes the 71 is for sale unofficially and yes Derek is working on the 70 SFGT on his own in his burrow while recuperating from his surgery between masonry jobs. His other 70 Fury was sold last summer and is likely in Venezuela being a condo for 2-3 families

had a bump in the road...like every good soldier will carry on...70 fury 3 is on its way to Australia….71 GT is up for grabs...had a typo and it ended up in thread above and couldn't get it out due to Joey workin on site other night..cant edit it out so there it is...
70 B5 GT will end up as my raise **** car....dam the rocks they wont slow me down this time...
Have a great day all...……….

seems my sig has grown....that would explain a lot...Joeys fault......
Just a side comment on the 70 SFGT vs the 1971 SFGT... I owned one of each. The 1970 GT came with either the 350hp 440 or (very few) the 6 pack motor. The 1971 GT came with the 370 (or was it 375?) hp 440, no six packs are known to have been made (though I saw a photo of 6bbl hood graphics once). The 1971's extra 20 or 25 hp made a big difference; with both stock, my 1971 would easily kick my 70's keister. I'd love to have one of either though of course.

Just a side comment on the 70 SFGT vs the 1971 SFGT... I owned one of each. The 1970 GT came with either the 350hp 440 or (very few) the 6 pack motor. The 1971 GT came with the 370 (or was it 375?) hp 440, no six packs are known to have been made (though I saw a photo of 6bbl hood graphics once). The 1971's extra 20 or 25 hp made a big difference; with both stock, my 1971 would easily kick my 70's keister. I'd love to have one of either though of course.

You are correct on 370 HP for the '71 GT's. I think that the compression dropped a half point from '70 - '71.

if you look in the parts catalogue you can find 6 bbl stripe packages listed for the 71 GT and that's about as far as it got......

You’re only $40 away from being part of the cool kids club:poke:

Generally those are the group's l avoid.....thats why l hang with you and the Calgary crew lmao
....havent had to tell anyone to piss off yet so no reason to move

Back