1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

Puff, nice work! I have restored (rotisserie, but not professional) A, B and E -bodies. C-body is carrying double amount of (hard to find) parts and making that here at overseas would be really difficult and time consuming. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
ya parts can be hard to find here as well with all the old wreckers slowly disappearing...l repair or restore what l can..case in point..ac housing has a cracked bolt housing and one bolt broke...
IMG_0447.JPG

even at this age learned something new in how to deal with these type bolts..patience being part of the process...
had one bolt and backing that was bent and had cracked housing at some point...left the gasket on to hold pieces in place then got my 2 part epoxy on one side to hold all pieces in correct spot and once dry took gasket off and did what l could to repair it by adding 2 part epoxy to that side as well then dressing up as best l can...this areas not seen anyway but ill do best l can short of replacein whole section...
IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG
once the 2 part epoxy was dry removed gasket to dress and add more 2 part epoxy..once dry will dress and clean up area and paint and move on to next pieces....
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
….next......
20180915_200626.jpeg
with 54000 miles on speedo and 48 years on it with the last 19 sitting will be a crap shoot one way or other wheather these will be good or not..crossin fingers and offerin up a toast to the Fury gods...in a dirty glass of course...no snowflake **** here...

IMG_0465.JPG

Last edited:
Are you going to have the heater core and evaporator pressure tested? A good radiator shop should be able to do this

Are you going to have the heater core and evaporator pressure tested? A good radiator shop should be able to do this

definitely to be tested...Graham has given me the name of his go to place so will wander down there in the am cores in hand along with a prayer.....

PS...were would l find routing info for the AC vacuum hoses...someof mine were pulled off and or missin...just tryin to sort out whats gona go where......reference pic from the 71 gt

IMG_0295.JPG

definitely to be tested...Graham has given me the name of his go to place so will wander down there in the am cores in hand along with a prayer.....

Ask if they test it hot. I once had the same style core recored at a local shop only to have it leak once installed. Removed again, tested myself with kitchen sink hot water, 140 degrees Celsius approximately, found the leak, brought it back to said shop with the leak marked to be fixed. They called me back a day later saying they had pressure tested it with no issues. I drove down there and asked to see how it was tested. They brought me to the back and showed me a big tank full of water with my core submerged with air lines connected to it. Saying, see it holds air! I said "is it hot"? They said that doesn't matter. I said it does. They pulled it up, hit it with a tiger torch submerged again, bubbles started to rise from the spot I had marked out for them. They apologized and fixed it again. I reinstalled it but didn't hook it up for a couple of years out of fear of having to do that job again. It was good once I did hook it up. That being said it looked way worse than yours and had double the mileage.

The Great Escape.......l figure l.have till mornin before they figure out.lm gone......move over Steve McQueen.
Mad critter on.the lose

20181107_153111.jpg

Back