1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

if you need a 440:
Plenty of 440 engines out there to build them.
No need to rip a running&driving C-body the heart out.

That is just the same **** that happened before by all the A-B-E-Body guys.

There is no need for a datecoded engine either.
It is numbers matching or not. Rest doesn't matter at all.

Carsten

Ya.ll need to relax....l needed complete engine and associated brackets ect ect ect for the fury right down to the drive shaft and bolts and nuts.....
If it's that important is for sale...5 k plus shipping

Ya.ll need to relax....l needed complete engine and associated brackets ect ect ect for the fury right down to the drive shaft and bolts and nuts.....
If it's that important is for sale...5 k plus shipping

Other than the interior being "baked", what is the rest of the car like regarding options, condition, rust, etc?

Other than the interior being "baked", what is the rest of the car like regarding options, condition, rust, etc?
The Car needs new Vinyl and as usual the rear window frame is rusted , there is no point to spend any money on this car the trunk floor is in great condition if someone needs a trunk floor

if you need a 440:
Plenty of 440 engines out there to build them.
No need to rip a running&driving C-body the heart out.

That is just the same **** that happened before by all the A-B-E-Body guys.

There is no need for a datecoded engine either.
It is numbers matching or not. Rest doesn't matter at all.

Carsten
But Carsten if you need everything and you don't wanna spend spend a ton of money to build a motor than you better of to buy a good parts car for a few thausand dollars and you know you have a good power train

But Carsten if you need everything and you don't wanna spend spend a ton of money to build a motor than you better of to buy a good parts car for a few thausand dollars and you know you have a good power train
I did that once, but then he opened his eyes and my heart sank.....

0B6B6559-F1F8-4AF2-AECA-9FAD29B98BD7.jpeg

The Car needs new Vinyl and as usual the rear window frame is rusted , there is no point to spend any money on this car the trunk floor is in great condition if someone needs a trunk floor

If the window frame is the only rust issue, I don't think that should be a show-stopper. There must be another way you guys can get the parts you need. . . I can't see much of the car from the photos, but it is one of the desirable colors, and its a four-door hard top too.

Derek, I'm not trying to "beat you up" or point out errors. I just think items on the car should be correct.

RE: your grill paint isn't right.

In fact, most 1970 GT's that get restored miss this..there should be silver/argent on the lateral "stripes" on the grill, not completely blacked out. It takes much more work to do, but it really makes a difference in the appearance of the car. Plymouth easily could have not done this detail when they built the cars, but they made the extra effort to do so, as part of the design. Therefore, I think it's an important detail not to overlook.

Not trying to criticize your work at all,...I'm just not sure you were aware. Many people are not.

The way to do it is, paint the entire grill argent first, then mask the lateral stripes/ridges in the grill, then paint it black. Like Mick Jagger said.

Just a thought.

Here is a link to YouTube which shows what it should look like.

Derek's GT grill.JPG

So if it's for a higher profile C body, it's okay? So it's fine to rob a 440 out of a 300 convertible for my Monaco 500? Or would a Newport be a better donor. I get the saving money, good sheet metal part, but a trunk floor, a steering wheel, and the drivetrain? And the shell is worth $5,000? I need to start smoking some Colorado weed to understand the logic. I should scrap all but one car then due to rusty window channels, what am I thinking? If I did this for any car, I'd get ripped from everyone. Glad you got your parts, but I'm baffled. Guess Sport Fury's are donor material now? I have a dart and a truck need a 440.

I still look forward to the GT's progress.

Last edited:
So if it's for a higher profile C body, it's okay? So it's fine to rob a 440 out of a 300 convertible for my Monaco 500? Or would a Newport be a better donor. I get the saving money, good sheet metal part, but a trunk floor, a steering wheel, and the drivetrain? And the shell is worth $5,000? I need to start smoking some Colorado weed to understand the logic. I should scrap all but one car then due to rusty window channels, what am I thinking? If I did this for any car, I'd get ripped from everyone. Glad you got your parts, but I'm baffled. Guess Sport Fury's are donor material now? I have a dart and a truck need a 440.

I still look forward to the GT's progress.
I took the steering wheel, Windshield,like new windshield washer bottle, nice road wheels, pwr seat and window switches, booster master combo, 3:23 sure grip and fuel tank and some other little pieces, Critter is getting the whole power train including radiator and all the ac parts he needs for his GT and perfect door pulls.
If someone here in CANADA needs trim parts our something let me our Critter know before i sell the shell to my demo derby buddy.
Is what it is you can't safe them all

I took the steering wheel, Windshield,like new windshield washer bottle, nice road wheels, pwr seat and window switches, booster master combo, 3:23 sure grip and fuel tank and some other little pieces, Critter is getting the whole power train including radiator and all the ac parts he needs for his GT and perfect door pulls.
If someone here in CANADA needs trim parts our something let me our Critter know before i sell the shell to my demo derby buddy.
Is what it is you can't safe them all
I know, sure wish you could. I struggle with desire and need and the fact I don't have the resources like some members do, to buy at will and store without worry. So I'm keeping what I have and that might be it for a long time.

I hope you can sell that off in a hurry to someone who needs panels, bumpers, everything you two didn't need! I would have done the same thing years ago.

Back to a GT build.

me..
engine...500
tranny 500
assorted brackets 500
ac components 500 +
rad 400
driveshaft 300
condenser 400+
carb ect 400+
assorted other crap 1k
ac comp 200

Tobias
windshield 700+
working rimblow 1k
suregrip rear end 500-1k
electric seat bottoms 300+
assorted parts 500

when reality sets in..talks cheap ...again if anyone feels that strongly cars for sale 5k and shipping..and that's US funds......have no time for this bullshit..this cars getting parted to save 2 sport furys...that is unless you wana donate a car polara….

me..
engine...500
tranny 500
assorted brackets 500
ac components 500 +
rad 400
driveshaft 300
condenser 400+
carb ect 400+
assorted other crap 1k
ac comp 200

Tobias
windshield 700+
working rimblow 1k
suregrip rear end 500-1k
electric seat bottoms 300+
assorted parts 500

when reality sets in..talks cheap ...again if anyone feels that strongly cars for sale 5k and shipping..and that's US funds......have no time for this bullshit..this cars getting parted to save 2 sport furys...that is unless you wana donate a car polara….

To paraphrase, You feel Sport Fury's are more important than Chryslers . So, no true love for the C body, just the Sport Fury ... :elmer:

Spoken like a A/B/E body guy ...

Im out ................:confused:

If this Chrysler was available here for $5k, it would be for sale for a very loooong time. Really, no one would have saved it, even with minor issues. Ultimately, it would have given its heart to a B body and it’s soul to the derby. I think what’s happening here is the lesser of two evils. If my parts car had been a green four door it would have been gone long ago. As it is, I still have no idea what’s lurking beneath the surface, and if it turns out uglier than I want to tackle, my rebuild thread might get ugly too.

No one can compel another to save every car that comes through here. We already know the majority of opinions in favor of a pardon for the four door. That ain’t gonna happen. I may not agree with it, but let’s get on with it. If this thread keeps going the way it is, then we will never see the process or it’s conclusion, and that would be a real shame.

Back