1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

Don't hate, appreciate.. At least that's what I do. Love following Critters resto threads and yes I'm jealous.. More on his mechanic skills than on his cars..
If I could do that, Trev's orange GT would have been mine and I would have taken it back to being perfect.. But I can't, so I'm sitting here, trying to learn from the two guys a about the c boats :thumbsup:
First I was also a little sad, that the 4 door had to die, but I was in Texas last weekend, 200mls on I10 from Houston to San Antonio, and I've seen tons of old cars sitting outside.. It's like you're not a Texan if you don't have at least 2 60/70s cars sitting next to your front porch. There's no need to sit here and wait for an add on Craigslist, just go outside and search, you'll end up with a nice project sooner than later.. But don't hate in these guys for actually DOING it instead of just talking

ALL they've done?
Sure they're nice guys with nice cars.

Tobias has sold and shipped maybe 30 Fuselages to Germany.
So he has done a good job for the german fuselage scene.

A dealer specialized in fuselages

Right...he's a flipper, raping and pillaging North American history and sending it overseas. That doesn't mean he's doing good...
What else you got?

Thanks Carsten, I sold Fuselage cars even to Sweden and Norway and Finland, I have more fun finding them and working on them and selling them.
I just love to bring them back to life, it always makes me happy when those cars fire up after sitting for 20+ years.
I personal loose my interest at them after there done is just what it is, i can’t just see my self having a perfect c body and just wash it and drive it to car shows our Sunday drives, I had a few really nice c body’s over the years in mind condition, for me is it just relaxing after work when I come home to work on my c body’s what i normally do every night after work until 10pm when my bones are not broken like it is at the moment can’t use my left hand for at least 6 weeks :-(

Right...he's a flipper, raping and pillaging North American history and sending it overseas. That doesn't mean he's doing good...
What else you got?
You are so full of crap I'll bet your eyes are brown!
A flipper, buys cheap, invests little and sells to some rube who dumb enough to pay crazy dollars.
I'm not sure how a person runs around "raping and pillaging North American history", I mean where do you start, there so many Americans busy doing it themselves.
Maybe Tobias is saving North American History when he buys something rusting away in some guys yard, fixes it, cleans it and makes it into a clean nicely running car, then ships it across the pond to an owner who will treat it with respect. To me that car was granted a new life and being across the pond is safe from NA nut cases that would crush it for the salvage or destroy it in a derby just for kicks.
How many cars have you saved, or do you just like to flap you lips?

Too many threads going off track in the last couple of months..
Can't we just follow Critter's progress on that GT

_20180823_210735.JPG

What else you got?
okay a flipper is a guy he just buys cars and sells them and doesn't do any work to them in my eyes.

You are so full of crap I'll bet your eyes are brown!
A flipper, buys cheap, invests little and sells to some rube who dumb enough to pay crazy dollars.
I'm not sure how a person runs around "raping and pillaging North American history", I mean where do you start, there so many Americans busy doing it themselves.
Maybe Tobias is saving North American History when he buys something rusting away in some guys yard, fixes it, cleans it and makes it into a clean nicely running car, then ships it across the pond to an owner who will treat it with respect. To me that car was granted a new life and being across the pond is safe from NA nut cases that would crush it for the salvage or destroy it in a derby just for kicks.
How many cars have you saved, or do you just like to flap you lips?

Your definition of a flipper is very specific, yet not entirely correct.
You buy a car with the intentions of selling it to make a profit, you're a flipper regardless of what you've done to it. ( nothing wrong with that)
Did I embellish on the rape and pillaging? Obviously! I didn't say he's a bad guy but his agenda is clear, to send Cs over seas.
To those that only want to or would rather sell to overseas buyers I have a problem with. I don't like it, it offends me. BUT I DEAL WITH IT. Since it offends me I have a right to say so.

Like you have the right to disagree with me ....:usflag: :canada:

I don't know what is wrong with you guys really, stop fighting sometimes I make a little money on those cars sometimes I loose money on cars.
and my money I make on those cars stays in the US or Canada because I invest in new parts , I think I spend at least 1-2g per month for c body stuff, and the cars I buy every buddy has the chance to buy them but nobody wants to spend the money.
And all the time those excuses like is to far away, I drive a lot on the weekends just for C Bodys.

Your definition of a flipper is very specific, yet not entirely correct.
You buy a car with the intentions of selling it to make a profit, you're a flipper regardless of what you've done to it. ( nothing wrong with that)
Did I embellish on the rape and pillaging? Obviously! I didn't say he's a bad guy but his agenda is clear, to send Cs over seas.
To those that only want to or would rather sell to overseas buyers I have a problem with. I don't like it, it offends me. BUT I DEAL WITH IT. Since it offends me I have a right to say so.

Like you have the right to disagree with me ....:usflag: :canada:

So you would rather Tobias doesnt touch them and they stay in North America and rot or not get driven at all. Gotcha

So you would rather Tobias doesnt touch them and they stay in North America and rot or not get driven at all. Gotcha

Actually yes. If a car is to stay tucked away for another 10 or 20 years, nothing wrong with it. If it's been hiding for 30 years , it'll be fine for another 20. Someone will be grateful to find it then.
My commander in chief says " America first" , I concur.

Actually yes. If a car is to stay tucked away for another 10 or 20 years, nothing wrong with it. If it's been hiding for 30 years , it'll be fine for another 20. Someone will be grateful to find it then.
My commander in chief says " America first" , I concur.

Dave, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I agree with my President as well. But, to me, America first in this case is for this American Iron to live and be enjoyed; not be mummified in a tomb somewhere getting eaten away by rats and rust. Sure, I would love to see Americans driving these cars, but there aren't as many willing to step up. And the Europeans (from what I have seen on this board anyways) love and respect these cars for what they are...and they pay a ****-ton more money (for shipping and greasing the skids at the dock) and deal with a lot more regulatory bullshit than we would to import them. Having to go through all that shows me they are grateful for the opportunity to be caretakers for these cars.

Mario

Sorry Derek for bombing your thread.

Back