1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

I'm just glad they valued a running complete 440 at $500 (cdn!), a very realistic price. I never would have guessed $1k for a rimblow steering wheel, glad I don't need one.

Guys believe me nobody wants this car we paid $3000 for it plus picking it up 12hr driving for us only because we needed the car, 1970 Chryslers are hard to find for us here in Alberta , and I’m sure nobody else than Derek and I would spend that money for a car with destroyed seats- destroyed vinyl- rust holes- almost every body panel has dents - car was the last time on the road 1994 and has an Washington Title you have to spend at least 5g to fix all those problems to pass safety inspection here in Alberta.
If someone wants it so badly to safe come to Calgary and pick it up bring us $4000 and is yours.
It feels like now is it not even aloud to fix cars anymore how come you guys don’t give Murray Park not **** they part good cars out all the time.

I'm just glad they valued a running complete 440 at $500 (cdn!), a very realistic price. I never would have guessed $1k for a rimblow steering wheel, glad I don't need one.
You don’t get a good running 440 steel crank for 500 somewhere else you pay at least $1500-2000

You don’t get a good running 440 steel crank for 500 somewhere else you pay at least $1500-2000
No, I get RV 440's with trans that have @70bigblockdodge's bands I still need to send his way. But people are starting to ask $1000-1200 for a complete core, RV engine, stupid. There's a guy selling a rebuilt 440 '68 or '69, for $4500, but it's been sitting for years now. Still stupid money.

If you say you can't make an omlete without breaking eggs, you mean that it is impossible to achieve something important without there being some bad effects. Ditto for car restoration!!
:lol:

IMHO, the Chrysler became a parts car a long time ago. While everyone says "it should be saved", it's a rare person that steps up, buys the car and dumps $$$ into a restoration, especially when you could buy something much nicer for not a lot more.

While I wouldn't let the hulk go to the demo guys (just 'cause), I wouldn't hesitate to use it to save a couple other C-bodies.

IMHO, the Chrysler became a parts car a long time ago. While everyone says "it should be saved", it's a rare person that steps up, buys the car and dumps $$$ into a restoration, especially when you could buy something much nicer for not a lot more.

While I wouldn't let the hulk go to the demo guys (just 'cause), I wouldn't hesitate to use it to save a couple other C-bodies.

"Demo Dave" to whom @Tobias74 refers to is very good about saving engines/trans/trim/windshields and just about anything he can from any cars he derbies. He is a great source of parts for several makes and usually only derbies basket cases. I would not hesitate to buy parts from a guy like that that at least respects the dead. He is like the undertaker.....necessary evil.

"Demo Dave" to whom @Tobias74 refers to is very good about saving engines/trans/trim/windshields and just about anything he can from any cars he derbies. He is a great source of parts for several makes and usually only derbies basket cases. I would not hesitate to buy parts from a guy like that that at least respects the dead. He is like the undertaker.....necessary evil.
He might be a good guy, but the demo guys that I've encountered aren't in that league.

I feel like this is all my fault, all I did was comment on getting stick for scrapping mostly dead cars. Sorry Tobias and Dereck, now, do I get any freebies? :icon_fU:

I feel like this is all my fault, all I did was comment on getting stick for scrapping mostly dead cars. Sorry Tobias and Dereck, now, do I get any freebies? :icon_fU:
Fore sure Wollfen

I mean I could see parting a nicer car worthy of maybe being a driver for Polara, Monaco or 300...but for a couple lowly Plymouths? :lol::drama::icon_fU:

True, however all of us lowly Fury people are also very meek, especially at car shows where we are like mice at a cat convention. But our day is coming, we even made it to a concours show and they didn't throw us out. We may very well become the mouse that roared.
:canada::canada::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag:

17353340_10154193201122676_7274082981432723924_n.jpg

Back