For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible ($23,000.00 Canadian eh.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But were they stick on from the factory, or bolt on like the Fury? I’ve only seen the stick on type for the 300, my parts car included, but I have no broadcast sheet to tell either way.
They were common for '69, but I don't think so for '70. I'll have to look, but I don't think they even appear in the '70 brochure.

No A/C is no biggie for me either, being in Edmonton as well. That bright red paint though, I just couldn't. It even has the window sticker! It never ceases to amaze me how many C's we have in the area. I thought this was going to be the candy cane car that just wouldn't go away (mostly due to sellers attitude), I believe that was a '69 though.

Price reduced to 20,500. If those dollars are CAD and the car is in as good a shape as the ad suggests, then it looks like a very good deal (and, yes, I did buy a '70 Polara 'vert this year).

Very, very nice indeed. BTW, the frontal view looks like it was shot somewhere, where I spent my childhood:
342EFBC4-AFF5-4848-968A-B1B0B959E16E.jpeg

As of Monday morning, the car was still available. I made an offer last weekend and it was accepted -- but logistical complications due to distance and buyer/seller mismatched work travel schedules through October made the deal fall through.

The seller is a straight shooter and a nice guy. The entire history of the car is uncommonly well documented. AFAICT the car is a very nice, mostly original 300 (one quarter panel superbly repainted by a previous owner, carb and radiator replaced at some point, electronic ignition (points kept for next owner), new top -- though it needs the rear window top piece replaced). What the car needs is pretty straightforward.

I want to give a public shoutout to Welder guy, who was incredibly generous with his time and expertise and went to inspect the car when I couldn't myself. Thanks also to @71Polara383 for also sharing his expertise regarding the few repairs that the car needs.

I really wanted the car as a companion to my Polara, but it was not meant to be -- I hope it finds a good home.

Last edited:
@Welder guy is great! Picked up some goodies this weekend and got to see his beauty in a mopar car show. Here is the vert in question with Marlow’s beauty...
395EDA0F-A98D-4393-86F6-A55043C2BCE4.jpeg
452DA4DD-885D-47CA-89D7-49F136A026C4.jpeg
F782EEF0-E975-4685-B220-1F1C9C327216.jpeg
61E2EBF3-AFBD-4ED7-9C89-CE5C6BBF04D4.jpeg

I don't understand Canadians.
They say they have no need for a.c. yet thy love their convertibles for the one month of the year it doesn't snow, :realcrazy:

:lol:

I don't understand Canadians.
They say they have no need for a.c. yet thy love their convertibles for the one month of the year it doesn't snow, :realcrazy:

:lol:
Hey, not a biggie, even in Minniesnowta there are a large number of boats even though you can walk on the lake a large part of the year.

I had the 300 up on my hoist and took a lot of pictures underneath, the car is amazing! I have a lot of pictures of the complete car if anyone is interested . It is very well documented. The absence of A/C is holding this car back but that being said it is a excellent example of a 70 300 convertible.

If I had the cash it wouldn’t have left my drive way!!! I took this car for a drive and it handles like an absolute dream At any speed , this car can move .

Runner162a.jpg

Runner184a.jpg

Runner223a.jpg

Runner240a.jpg

Runner304a.jpg

Hemi_Sport_5.jpg

100.jpg

Rumble_Bee_3a.jpg

Hemi_Sport_6_April_16th_2018.jpg

8a_001.jpg

Here is a series of pics of where I live in Brantford Ontario
Aug 2017 monthly to May 2018

Usually you can drive well into December and bring the out in March or April depending on when they last salted the roads.

Its nice living in a place with four seasons.

Dave

Welder Guy, this gives me cause for concern. Is this only on the door, or the entire car?
Worth $19,000?
thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail

IMG_1982.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back