SOLD 1970 CHRYSLER 300-H HURST SURVIVOR 9K ORIGINAL MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, sad. Not sure as the first proof of being a good seller, is that you're friends with Galen. 20 years ago that meant something, now, not so much. The other person you mention isn't with us anymore. In the time you wrote all that, you could have just answered questions.

LoL... not a good seller, you can Google me, "Randy Wilson Glendale, AZ" or better yet ask Galen Govier to cosign me, we were on the phone for hours yesterday. I am/was personal friends with Steve Juliano and his daughter and we've traded cars and memorabilia for years. I do not need to prove or justify myself to anyone here! I am a REAL person with REAL contact info everywhere in my postings if anyone really is interested or wants answers... but wait that is too hard, you would rather bash someone via the forum to look cool! Have a great day friends!

Galen ? All credibility goes out the window with him as a character witness.
He knows nothing about C bodies!

I looked at the other ads. Has extremely dirty cars with the excuse he couldn't wash them due to the rain, but took pictures on a sunny day. The lazy is strong in this one.

I’m not going to bash anyone I just want to know why the hot water spicket under the hood of an 8K mile car?

Wait Stan, I have one of those in my unmolested ‘70 300 parts car, it must be a dealer add-on!
:wtf:
Sure. Garages, shops, and even dealers were routinely putting them on if customers felt the A/C wasn't cooling enough. Usually in July :lol:
I'm pretty sure I installed one on my '70 back then

Just looked out my window to my backyard FULL of Mopar's... yep, still winning!!!

I sold all of mine but one. I can only drive one and life is too short to brag about what I have if i haven't done much ...

Good for you!

I’m not going to bash anyone I just want to know why the hot water spicket under the hood of an 8K mile car?

Here's my take: That awful, leaky OEM heat control valve did what it always did back then--leaked. Replacements were spendy and didn't last long, which is why the Evercool unit became so prevalent. Anyway, the valve was routinely bypassed and a "spicket" was put in one of the hoses to shut off the heat in warmer weather. Funny thing.....my Hurst came with that "upgrade", too. I managed to score a new-in-box Evercool unit and used it with I rebuilt my entire A/C-Heat system.

IMG_1593.JPG

These are not unreasonable questions especially with a price point like that.

Just like my question about the thingy to the left of the condenser with the two knobs. Simple question it's not factory that's for sure.

Trace's (that would be me) setup was $51K gavel, $56,100 with the vig at Mecum Indy 2018, including the awful "spicket" and MANY other indignities--all since totally corrected to the tune of about $9K in parts. Labor is free, since it's me. Thusly, in My Humble Opinion, the Seller isn't crazy to see if someone with bucks would proffer $60K for the car in question. I figure it'll need the same $9K-ish in assorted parts to make it comfy and reliable, but that's the hobby we're in.

Not taking sides from a $$$$ standpoint, just stating it from my POV. However, the Seller could be a little more friendly.

And yeah...what IS that thingy on the core support?

Last edited:
Beautiful car. Wow wish i was still collecting cars. My apologies to the owner for the minions on here acting like adolescents with pimples.

You guys again or should i say you curmudgeons are being your usual unreasonable, Rude, obnoxious, entitled selves who need to lose weight and get a life. Every time a nice car comes on here you all think it's a conspiracy to defraud some one. Quit defending your BAD behaviors. Yeah I know you hate it when you are told to stop being obnoxious. Must be an old age thing. Males have hormonal issues too. If you want to blab about something important you might want to discuss what is going on in the world right now.

Then when some one wants fair market value for a car -which is a lot of money for a car like this - you all dogpile just like above or become the $hitlord of the forum - look that one up while typing.

BTW my take -the mileage is real and many are clueless

Beautiful car. Wow wish i was still collecting cars. My apologies to the owner for the minions on here acting like adolescents with pimples.

You guys again or should i say you curmudgeons are being your usual unreasonable, Rude, obnoxious, entitled selves who need to lose weight and get a life. Every time a nice car comes on here you all think it's a conspiracy to defraud some one. Quit defending your BAD behaviors. Yeah I know you hate it when you are told to stop being obnoxious. Must be an old age thing. Males have hormonal issues too. If you want to blab about something important you might want to discuss what is going on in the world right now.

Then when some one wants fair market value for a car -which is a lot of money for a car like this - you all dogpile just like above or become the $hitlord of the forum - look that one up while typing.

BTW my take -the mileage is real and many are clueless

You badly represent the Left Coast.

First of all, I have virtually no body fat and I am content with my life, but you........................?

So you would spend 60K on this automobile with no questions asked about the under hood appearance nor have any answers to what maintenance has been done on the car over the years? Most of us are a lot smarter than that. You come out of your hole often to say the same garbage every time we discuss a car for sale, not to knock it down, but to analyze what we would be getting for the big coin.

You just don't get it at all.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
You badly represent the Left Coast.

So you would spend 60K on this automobile with no questions asked about the under hood appearance nor have any answers to what maintenance has been done on the car over the years? Most of us are a lot smarter than that. You come out of your hole often to say the same garbage every time we discuss a car for sale, not to knock it down, but to analyze what we would be getting for the big coin.

You just don't get it at all.

Pathetic.

You cant debate with this loser, which is why I didn't bother when I started the red X parade.
He's too close minded and bound to his superficial self that you are barking at the moon.
Always full of self praise with little to no interaction with true C body addicts to even consider another opinion or point of view. Which I presume is why no other red Xer even bothered.

There is no problem with any/all questions being asked however if it is just to ask out of boredom and for shits and giggles with no implication to purchase there is no reason for me to participate in the antics. Like I said previously I answer my phone, texts, and e-mails and welcome any positive communication. Anyone can "put lipstick on a pig", I prefer to see a car in its current state as opposed to something being sugar coated and looking pretty for a camera. Just Say No to Cyber Bullying!!!

There is no problem with any/all questions being asked however if it is just to ask out of boredom and for shits and giggles with no implication to purchase there is no reason for me to participate in the antics. Like I said previously I answer my phone, texts, and e-mails and welcome any positive communication. Anyone can "put lipstick on a pig", I prefer to see a car in its current state as opposed to something being sugar coated and looking pretty for a camera. Just Say No to Cyber Bullying!!!

I have no intention of buying this car, not my cup of C but if I was to ask questions to the ad you posted here I would hope you answer them. If you didn't it would certainly appear arrogant to post an ad and unwilling to answer. Guys here notice plenty of inaccuracies or at least suspect deficiencies in a survivor car such as this.
Answer all questions regarding the ad and your integrity and the car will be held in high regard as the real deal and possibly yield a buyer.

There is no problem with any/all questions being asked however if it is just to ask out of boredom and for shits and giggles with no implication to purchase there is no reason for me to participate in the antics.

I can understand your take on this, but please understand this Forum's take. Several of these guys who are asking questions (and speculating about answers) are long-time members and experts on the C-Bod, and this Forum is certainly World Central for the C-Bod knowledge base. I'm not a long-time member, but I believe that other experts here have a sense of duty to vet a C-Bod, especially when a Hurst car comes out of the woodwork with incredibly low miles, documentation, and nobody has ever heard of it (AFAIK). The curiosity goes to eleven, as does the speculation. And you and me and all of us squint when we see a Craigslist car. It's not your fault that Craigslist is Craigslist, but it's just a wee bit unusual to see such a serious car at serious money.

I don't think you're trying to hide anything at all. You gave us pics, the VIN, documenation and a reasonable price....but that is what pegged the curiosity meter. Is it so bad to have the whole C-Bod community interested in your car? My point is that if you chose to "participate in the antics" with the members here, it would vet the car, establish the miles and condition of the running gear, bring you other eyeballs from many other car-guy types thru word-of-mouth, and bring you your price.

Anyway, I'd love to see about another hundred pics and more "antics". :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If I'm buying a $60K anything I'm picking up the phone and talking directly to the seller, not sitting behind a keyboard and a screen asking questions and awaiting an answer for the whole world to see and be a part of. I will apologize if posting my car here meant engaging in the antics because it was meant to be an advertisement and nothing else, however I do appreciate the "Forum 101 Etiquette". A friend referred me to this forum and I have got a lot of phone calls and texts thus far so I am thankful but the negative camaraderie I will not engage nor participate in . If anyone of you C-Body Community Vets is located in Arizona and wants to come by you are more than welcome to in order to hold my "integrity in high regard" if there even is such a thing because I need no one's stamp of approval, LoL!!! Until then I will just be the new bastard kid on the block and Just Say No to Cyber Bullying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back