SOLD 1970 CHRYSLER 300-H HURST SURVIVOR 9K ORIGINAL MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with the seller regarding the 300-H. He answered all my questions with more than enough detail. He seemed like a truly sincere and decent MoPar/car guy....he has a good sense of humor too!

Having a direct conversation with a seller/buyer always works best; at least it does for me.

I may take a look at the car soon.

Trev, can you give us a one liner about why the underhood is so messed up looking and just a yes or no as to whether the car is up to snuff in terms of maintenance?

I spoke with the seller regarding the 300-H. He answered all my questions with more than enough detail. He seemed like a truly sincere and decent MoPar/car guy....he has a good sense of humor too!

Having a direct conversation with a seller/buyer always works best; at least it does for me.

I may take a look at the car soon.

:thankyou: Trev

Galen ? All credibility goes out the window with him as a character witness.
He knows nothing about C bodies!

I'm glad somebody else noticed this.......he's not a selling point these days (maybe 25 years ago), he's a has been who has screwed over alot of regular Joes in the hobby.
I wouldn't trust him to decode a Schwinn.

Sorry, I’ve been detailing all day as opposed to playing on the computer. Hope this is up to your guys standards. Full ad coming soon...

98597F02-07CD-4024-90E0-0AADBEA0095A.jpeg

7A1BBD69-8941-4114-AFA9-08564B7F2008.jpeg

BEE5DAF6-3174-48C4-A3C2-FD7D786F4545.jpeg

Looks like a great car, but whether it is up to my standards or not depends on seeing under the hood...............:poke: So far, it looks great (you could perhaps clean off some of the wax residue on the edge of the hood on the driver side but I don't want to be too critical :D - since Trev said you were actually pretty cool, I am assuming you will just take that comment in jest) but I wonder what color that is (I like it)? Is the color factory original? Looking forward to seeing the listing actually.

Here are some photos of my Cuda:

Cuda #2 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
Cuda #3 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
Cuda #4 (2).jpg

Please excuse the filthy interior, as I was actually driving it the day I took that photo.

Since you also seem to like the 62 Chrysler 300s, here are some photos of mine:

300H #1.jpg

300H #3 (1) (1).jpg

Since you have a 58 Olds, maybe you would like to see some really stylish Forward Look cars. Here are a couple of mine as well:

300C #1 (1) (1) (3).jpg
300C #2 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
300C #3 (1).jpg

300F #1 (1) (1) (2).jpg
300F #2 (1) (1) (2) (1).jpg

So I am still losing, I realize, but thats OK, as I really am not trying to win (what ever that means). I just have the ones I like. We can't take any of them with us and I don't think we will be judged positively based on the cars we have had when we get up there.

Why the fire sale? You have some pretty nice cars it seems to me.

Maybe you want a new Tesla Model S instead? :)

Lighten up, Francis..................we aren't all that bad.

Last edited:
Beautiful car. Wow wish i was still collecting cars. My apologies to the owner for the minions on here acting like adolescents with pimples.

You guys again or should i say you curmudgeons are being your usual unreasonable, Rude, obnoxious, entitled selves who need to lose weight and get a life. Every time a nice car comes on here you all think it's a conspiracy to defraud some one. Quit defending your BAD behaviors. Yeah I know you hate it when you are told to stop being obnoxious. Must be an old age thing. Males have hormonal issues too. If you want to blab about something important you might want to discuss what is going on in the world right now.

Then when some one wants fair market value for a car -which is a lot of money for a car like this - you all dogpile just like above or become the $hitlord of the forum - look that one up while typing.

BTW my take -the mileage is real and many are clueless

Why am I seeing this message from you?!? I was sure I put you in my KILL FILE at least two years ago. Let me go check that. . .

Now the testosterone is coming out and the pissing contest begins... :BangHead:
What a **** thread. Interesting, like a car accident but a thread turned to **** nonetheless.

If I'm buying a $60K anything I'm picking up the phone and talking directly to the seller, not sitting behind a keyboard and a screen asking questions and awaiting an answer for the whole world to see and be a part of.

I like written responses so there is no confusion as to what was stated. I have over 50 cars, I'd physically spoken to the seller of maybe 5 of those.

I will apologize if posting my car here meant engaging in the antics because it was meant to be an advertisement and nothing else, however I do appreciate the "Forum 101 Etiquette". A friend referred me to this forum and I have got a lot of phone calls and texts thus far so I am thankful but the negative camaraderie I will not engage nor participate in . If anyone of you C-Body Community Vets is located in Arizona and wants to come by you are more than welcome to in order to hold my "integrity in high regard" if there even is such a thing because I need no one's stamp of approval, LoL!!! Until then I will just be the new bastard kid on the block and Just Say No to Cyber Bullying!!!

You could just answer the same question that has been asked 10x instead of dodging it, constantly.

First, in the interest of full disclosure, I have no interest in buying this car, nor any car save for maybe a new daily driver if a deal comes up.

I'm also not trying to bust any balls about the car. It's really nice... Looks to be a nice example of a low mileage "survivor". Having a '70 300 convertible myself, I always read these threads with some interest when I see anything to do with similar cars. I also have an keen interest and fascination with "second day" type add on accessories.

With that all being said, I just have one question.... What is the piece on radiator support? I notice what looks like a aftermarket cruise control on the dash and a security system siren under the hood. Two common aftermarket pieces, although the cruise unit is a bit different from most I've seen in that era.

The piece on the radiator support intrigues me though. First thought is that it's part of the cruise control unit, but I don't know.

So... @ICYUNVAngela , please indulge me and say what that is. It is curiosity that drives me and absolutely nothing else.

GLWS and that's a really nice Challenger too!

Now the testosterone is coming out and the pissing contest begins... :BangHead:
What a **** thread. Interesting, like a car accident but a thread turned to **** nonetheless.

One of the things about the internet that makes things difficult is one can only go by what is written and then surmise the rest about the person the best they can. Usually, I have found what is surmised is wrong.

So all I want to say is that based on knowing Trev pretty well, I can securely assume the guy selling the Hurst is a really nice, sincere person who deserves to be treated with respect. I only posted my cars to display to him that we are all car guys here and we love these cars and have a lot of nice ones too, so there is no need to talk about "winning" and "losing". I just believe even the guy that has only one mopar that isn't even in really good condition but he loves his car is a winner. There are no losers here, IMO. I was hoping to draw him into the conversation so he could contribute to discussions as well in the future and not be so reticent about responding to our questions without a phone call. But maybe he isn't all that versed with the internet and he must be older, so he may prefer conversations as a result. He obviously has some really nice cars and I am sure we have only seen a small portion of them. But I think my comments came off as snarky and for that I apologize.

One of the things about the internet that makes things difficult is one can only go by what is written and then surmise the rest about the person the best they can. Usually, I have found what is surmised is wrong.

So all I want to say is that based on knowing Trev pretty well, I can securely assume the guy selling the Hurst is a really nice, sincere person who deserves to be treated with respect. I only posted my cars to display to him that we are all car guys here and we love these cars and have a lot of nice ones too, so there is no need to talk about "winning" and "losing". I just believe even the guy that has only one mopar that isn't even in really good condition but he loves his car is a winner. There are no losers here, IMO. I was hoping to draw him into the conversation so he could contribute to discussions as well in the future and not be so reticent about responding to our questions without a phone call. But maybe he isn't all that versed with the internet and he must be older, so he may prefer conversations as a result. He obviously has some really nice cars and I am sure we have only seen a small portion of them. But I think my comments came off as snarky and for that I apologize.

Steve:. I agree and disagree. I agree with your trying to get the OP to engage. Maybe he will at some point. I hope so. I disagree that you were snarky. Yer a showoff, but not snarky.

FCBO has always been a community. You join, you contribute, you get access to the knowledge base. A previously unknown 300 Hurst shows up and naturally the community wants to know details, not because they are dropping $60K on a car, but to add to the knowledge base. When you join just to use the site as a substitute for Craigslist, then prepare to get questions, period. Internet bullying, my a$$.

What I was trying to say is this seller is an example of how NOT to act when selling a car in a group of the best & brightest. I don't give a **** how smart you, you act humble with your attitude until the B&B understand who you are.

I have and will never understand why people feel the need to troll people on the internet from behind a computer screen,

LoL... not a good seller, you can Google me, "Randy Wilson Glendale, AZ" or better yet ask Galen Govier to cosign me, we were on the phone for hours yesterday. I am/was personal friends with Steve Juliano and his daughter and we've traded cars and memorabilia for years. I do not need to prove or justify myself to anyone here! I am a REAL person with REAL contact info everywhere in my postings if anyone really is interested or wants answers... but wait that is too hard, you would rather bash someone via the forum to look cool! Have a great day friends!

Your the one trolling your 'Special' car here and on Craigslist. Multiple cars for sale makes you a 'Dealer' by Craigslist TOS, but you find fit to troll the By Owner section, hope your local audience flags you off CL for many posting violations.

Have a NICE day...

(if this car was so great and he knows so many 'Special' people it would of been sold by "Word of mouth").

I just have one question.... What is the piece on radiator support? I notice what looks like a aftermarket cruise control on the dash and a security system siren under the hood. Two common aftermarket pieces, although the cruise unit is a bit different from most I've seen in that era.

The piece on the radiator support intrigues me though. First thought is that it's part of the cruise control unit, but I don't know.

Let me rub the 'Crystal Ball'.... it says. Musical Air Horns! (do I get a prize?)

:lol:

-ALL ORIGINAL SURVIVOR

Nit-picking it might be, but when I see that claim I don't want to see add-ons that are not factory. What's with the siren, the valve and nobs under the hood, and the addition under the dash? These are not factory so it is not "All Original."

And, it's a 300-Hurst, not a 300-H Hurst. One of my peeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back