NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Palm Springs 3k

In many states that's OK.
In many States what's OK? Salvaged titles are OK in California too, but it dumps the value of a car. Not to mention, it can only be covered by PL and PD for insurance; no Comp or Collision.

I don't understand your comment?

A "Salvage Title" doesn't affect the ability to register or title the car in most states, but the status remains with the car, at least in the states I know about on this. True, comp/collision is near impossible with a Salvage (some states have a Recovered Theft title, also). But, if the car has the parts you need to help another get on its way, bonus points.

A "Salvage Title" doesn't affect the ability to register or title the car in most states, but the status remains with the car, at least in the states I know about on this. True, comp/collision is near impossible with a Salvage (some states have a Recovered Theft title, also). But, if the car has the parts you need to help another get on its way, bonus points.
I understand that. I am just wondering what's OK?

In Arizona with a Restored Salvage title you can still get full coverage comp and collision but in the event of a total loss they will pay a reduced market value.

In many States what's OK? Salvaged titles are OK in California too, but it dumps the value of a car. Not to mention, it can only be covered by PL and PD for insurance; no Comp or Collision.

I don't understand your comment?

Why can't I just get a new title in Alabama for example?

There are several title services. They cost somewhere around 5-700 bucks.
Although now with the dems raising the prices over absolutely everything the price might have now gone up.
Alabama, Florida and New Hampshire are the states I've heard can do the title service. I've actually done the Alabama and Florida titles.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have a nice front/rear bumpers,colum with keys,radio and dash parts,sheet metal, and a running M/T for this car if somebody here buys this car.?
Also solid trunk lid with keys,flat hood,and rear 1/4 corners even if they were put on just to make it a 300 driver. Will give a great deal on all parts to anybody who can pickup parts in person to save this car.

Why can't I just get a new title in Alabama for example?
I don't know if you can or not in Alabama. I know n California, if you purchase a car from a junkyard, you will be issued a Salvaged Title.

But, if not in a yard, you can do a "title search." We did that with the Gremlin as it sat in a field for some 7 years and had no title. It took 90 days but for us it was worth it. If the car had been stolen they would have come and picked it up (Happened to my Dad!). But, after 90 days we received a new Title with the original VIN as the recorded number. Once that was in our hands we proceeded to tear the car down!

A buddy of mine started a build on a GTX while the title search was being done. Stupid move! After dropping a rebuilt 440 and transmission into it, the CHP came by and towed the car off; it was stolen!

That was the point behind my post. There are states where you can aquire a title without having an existing one. . Just thinking Out loud.

Vermont seems to be the place to do precisely that.

Oklahoma outlawed the so-called "title services" like Broadway Title. Why? They are title-washing services. I don't trust those operations at all.

Vermont seems to be the place to do precisely that.

Oklahoma outlawed the so-called "title services" like Broadway Title. Why? They are title-washing services. I don't trust those operations at all.
I used Broadway once. Everything went smoothly. At that time he was running them through Alabama until he got banned by the state. Where he is using NOW, I don't know.

35 years ago, I got a title for my Challenger R/T through some newspaper in Alabama, the Star Ledger or something like that. Cost about $50, and I received a letter from a judge with a salvage statement, title, registration and an Alabama license plate. I got the stink eye from the NJ DMV, but they titled it in Jersey anyway. I spent the next few years looking over shoulder wondering when the "real" title and owner would show up. I thought the whole process was very shady. I don't care how "easy" it is, I'm never buying a car I intend to own that doesn't have proper state docs, fender tag or VIN tag. This is a parts car, plain and simple, and no longer a Hurst car at that.

:soapbox:

If hurst was parted years ago and is off record then has a vin tag number it will have to be verified at CHP against hidden vin numbers. If number comes up clean or is off record then it is very possiable to get legal title in California. It would then be a matter if somebody would want to put money and work into such a rare car!
Missing the fender tag would just be a matter of value!

If hurst was parted years ago and is off record then has a vin tag number it will have to be verified at CHP against hidden vin numbers. If number comes up clean or is off record then it is very possiable to get legal title in California. It would then be a matter if somebody would want to put money and work into such a rare car!
Missing the fender tag would just be a matter of value!

LOL, now we are back to the "what makes a car" discussion. Even if someone could get the title, all you have to show for it is the VIN tag, a small chunk of the cowl and 3 inches of trunk lid gutter and 1 Hurst specific seat. The VIN does not make the car, IMHO. Besides, is it really that rare?

I'd say just the VIN being a '70 U-code 2dr C-body is exceptionally rare in the grand scheme of C-body land.

Here in NY, you can fill out some paperwork, put insurance on it & register the car without a title/registration. They will give you a NON-transferrable registration (NY does not issue titles on vehicles '73 & older). After 3 months if they dont find any reports on the car they'll send you a clean TRANSFERRABLE registration.

Back