For Sale 1970 dodge polara conv fixer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Why do you think I did not put any Y code in the tag and said "

Nope, I meant A01. As per the dealership data book, A04 would include the 3-speed wiper, which is not here. As per the same book posted on the Hamtramck Registry, A01 should indeed include the fender repeaters (code L31). So that leaves us with a puzzle: was there another way to get the buzzer?

Can you pls point me to 101360? I don't have that car in my information set.

Thanks for using HH. A lot of booze died for that site.

Nope, I meant A01. As per the dealership data book, A04 would include the 3-speed wiper, which is not here. As per the same book posted on the Hamtramck Registry, A01 does not include the fender repeaters (code L31).

Please notice the contents of the package flow to the next column. In that column, you'll notice the turns signals listed as part of the package. Edit: thanks for editing your post.

V01 V5B END
V3W A04 M25 M31 M85 R11
EB3 L2B3 EB3 80? ??????
E44 D34 DL27 G0D 1011373

You listed A04 in your proposed tag layout out. Since you had already omitted that possibility and included A01, its a simple typo that needed corrected.

Agreed on all counts, @69CoronetRT. I noticed it and our posts (yours and my edit) crossed. It therefore seems that this car had neither A01 not A04. It has lots of the individual components (e.g., G33 remote LHS mirror, L42 buzzer) from the packages, but is missing some of them.

@69CoronetRT: I still would like you to point me to 101360 -- was that car built at the Belvedere plant?

PS: the thanks go the other way for the HR -- it's truly great to have the registry around. That site is a fantastic source of info.

Last edited:
I think those dark sunglasses are making you blind, Snoopy: the tag is missing, as per the ad :rolleyes:
I saw that in the beginning and I’m just not happy about it. I wouldn’t be interested in actually owning this car as it has way too many spinny cranky things on the inside of the doors...

Exactly. Why do you think I did not put any Y code in the tag and said "

Nope, I meant A01. As per the dealership data book, A04 would include the 3-speed wiper, which is not here. As per the same book posted on the Hamtramck Registry, A01 should indeed include the fender repeaters (code L31). So you're right, but that leaves us with a puzzle: was there another way to get the buzzer?

Can you pls point me to 101360? I don't have that car in my information set.

There's a difference between Y code and Y0 code. SO I have a Y code tag prior to this one but Doug is correct, its not Y0, Which is why I asked Doug. So, no exactly, because you're wrong.

There's a difference between Y code and Y0 code. SO I have a Y code tag prior to this one but Doug is correct, its not Y0, Which is why I asked Doug. So, no exactly, because you're wrong.

I stand corrected: Doug limited his comment to Y0 codes, not to others. As you posted elsewhere, Brent's Polara (1310) was a factory show car -- and it's the oldest '70 Polara convertible of which I know, thanks to your 2008 spreadsheet (i.e., I have no excuse for the goof).

I have removed the "END" as we don't know if there was a Y14 or Y93 code on DL27G0D101373 's tag.

Last edited:
Wish I had the resources. Between this fixer, my forever going fixer and the New Mexico car with title issues there could be 2 solid convertibles.

I stand corrected: Doug limited his comment to Y0 codes, not to others. As you posted elsewhere, Brent's Polara (1310) was a factory show car -- and it's the oldest '70 Polara convertible of which I know, thanks to your 2008 spreadsheet (i.e., I have no excuse for the goof).

I have removed the "END" as we don't know if there was a Y14 or Y93 code on DL27G0D101373 's tag.

Y codes would not affect whether the plant coded END or not.

70_DH23_E85_D32_EA4_137160_A75_V1G.jpg

Dash pad style and rear bumper seem to verify early build.
(I have never seen a '70 Polara 'vert without M25 or M31 moulding).
Agreed. Likely a lazy repaint at some point that shaved the molding pins. I'd also be using a magnet on the lower fenders and quarters.

Dash pad style and rear bumper seem to verify early build.

Agreed. Likely a lazy repaint at some point that shaved the molding pins. I'd also be using a magnet on the lower fenders and quarters.
No pins are shaved. Trim is MIA.

For the discussion of the B3 blue car that 71Polara383 is representing - is it known what the first serial number was at Belvidere for the 1970 model year? I would assume that the serial numbers this model year would start with1011001 - or would it be101001? Finally - just curious if anyone knows the daily production of cars at Belvidere and any other plants (I'd also like to know about the Jefferson Avenue plant in Detroit)? I'm sure that the first few days or week of production is possibly not that great as they get the new model year thing figured out?

For the discussion of the B3 blue car that 71Polara383 is representing - is it known what the first serial number was at Belvidere for the 1970 model year? I would assume that the serial numbers this model year would start with1011001 - or would it be101001? Finally - just curious if anyone knows the daily production of cars at Belvidere and any other plants (I'd also like to know about the Jefferson Avenue plant in Detroit)? I'm sure that the first few days or week of production is possibly not that great as they get the new model year thing figured out?

In most cases, plants started the model year and VINs at 100001.

In most cases, plants started the model year and VINs at 100001.

So how many cars per day can be built at Belvidere? This would be the 1,373rd car built at the plant then if the VIN serial number started at 100001, so if this is the second or third day of production that would mean they built around 680 cars per day for a two day deal, or 457 per day over a three day deal.

So how many cars per day can be built at Belvidere? This would be the 1,373rd car built at the plant then if the VIN serial number started at 100001, so if this is the second or third day of production that would mean they built around 680 cars per day for a two day deal, or 457 per day over a three day deal.

this would be the 1,373 VIN assigned. (VINs are related to administration and not production.)

Your estimate of daily production is probably not unreasonable and could be verified by more data (reason #246 to document junkyard/scrapped/parted cars and archive known VINs and tag).

if this is the second or third day of production that would mean they built around 680 cars per day for a two day deal, or 457 per day over a three day deal.

Not all cars built there were convertibles. This said, here are some '70 Polara 'vert figures for the month of August:

101310 8/2/1969
101373 (the car for sale)
108181 8/20/1969 6871 cars "made", 18 days elapsed, 382 per calendar day
110005 8/22/1969 1824 cars "made", 2 days elapsed, 912 per calendar day (no weekend in between 8/20 and 8/22)
112644 8/29/1969 2639 cars "made", 7 days elapsed, 377 per calendar day

@polara71 should have more info/cars on which to report.

When I worked at belvidere our goal was normally over 600 cars per 10 hour shift. This was in 2013....so if I had to guess...it was likely half of that number per shift back in the day.

Also. I have a car with a SPD of August 4th. VIN 100359...makes trying to narrow this down even more difficult.

The highest VIN I have for 1970 Belvedere is 311387.

So....
311387-100000 (starting point for VIN assignment) = ~211387 cars
5 days a week a year = 260 days.
Less, say 10 days at beginning and end to ramp up and down = 250 production days
UAW contract for holidays off, work days, etc., is what, ~230 production days?

211387 cars/230 work days = 919 cars a day
211387 cars/250 work days = 845 cars a day

850-900 cars a day with two shifts is not out of the question.

My two cents......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back