NOT MINE 1970 Dodge Polara Coupe - $750 - Chattaroy, Washington

Its a 40hr drive non stop according to site I used so best I am doing is 2 days with somebody. The cost of the uhual and trailer is fixed at $1730 I believe. About $500-600 for gas probably. (2100 miles, uhaul getting 12 miles to the gallon, $3 per gallon for gas)

Doing the U haul thing you would need to get it on the trailer. You would likely need a winch or two strong guys and a down slope. :)

That had crossed my mind as well. Or I drive out with a friend, get the car carrier ready and drive back and still have the carrier pick it up.

That had crossed my mind as well. Or I drive out with a friend, get the car carrier ready and drive back and still have the carrier pick it up.
You could likely prep the car yourself but no tools could hinder things. A non operable car is more costly than an operable one to ship. You also need to hope the carrier keeps his time frame.

What do you need anyway?

That car looks like it is no where near a road. Have you thought about how you will get this dragged out of the yard and close to a trailer? I think Washington State in the Spring and I think mud and rain.

The Polara ‘vert Mecca would be on your way. How many times have you seen 3 to 5 1970 Polara ‘verts together?

If you time it right... :steering:

then you might even be able to attend the Illinois River Run on May 2nd :D

I asked the seller how much he would want to be able to get the car into rolling condition. Lets see if I hear back.

Round trip that's a 17 hour drive for me. Not likely worth it for me to get involved.
How is the seller to deal with ?

The Polara ‘vert Mecca would be on your way. How many times have you seen 3 to 5 1970 Polara ‘verts together?

If you time it right... :steering:

then you might even be able to attend the Illinois River Run on May 2nd :D
There you go. Probably could even pick up a parts car or two.

That car looks like it is no where near a road. Have you thought about how you will get this dragged out of the yard and close to a trailer? I think Washington State in the Spring and I think mud and rain.

It is on the dry side of the state.

Just through texts seemed a little difficult. Wants the car to be a survivor. I low balled on my first offer and he said what little money he gets for it is going for his sisters inheritence. Guess there is an attachment to the car that you can't knock.

Just through texts seemed a little difficult. Wants the car to be a survivor. I low balled on my first offer and he said what little money he gets for it is going for his sisters inheritence. Guess there is an attachment to the car that you can't knock.

If I get involved its gonna cost you a lil bit. All I'm gonna do is rent a trailer, get it on the trailer, secure everything and bring it back to Eastern Idaho. Then you'd take it from there (here).
At 750 it doesn't mean much to him nor is there much room for a lowball.

What do you need from it?

If I get involved its gonna cost you a lil bit. All I'm gonna do is rent a trailer, get it on the trailer, secure everything and bring it back to Eastern Idaho. Then you'd take it from there (here).
At 750 it doesn't mean much to him nor is there much room for a lowball.

What do you need from it?
Sheet metal.

I recommended this car to him to save his vert.

There is a 70 Monaco 500 2dr in Illinois that could potentially be available as a donor, but I'd rather see him attempt to get this one...

When all avenues are exhausted...we could discuss that one. It won't be 750 though.

I was grabbing a bunch. Almost anything that deals with the trunk pan, rear wheel wells. My doors are going so was looking at those. If the dash is good would grab that. What are the odds it has disc brakes? Bumpers looked better than mine. Maybe it still has the washer bottle.

Sheet metal.

I recommended this car to him to save his vert.

There is a 70 Monaco 500 2dr in Illinois that could potentially be available as a donor, but I'd rather see him attempt to get this one...

When all avenues are exhausted...we could discuss that one. It won't be 750 though.

Metal is the need and the costliest to ship and remove. Which was my presumption for shipping it back whole.
Is it all there that is needed ?

The Illinois car ... damn it!It can't catch a break.

I was grabbing a bunch. Almost anything that deals with the trunk pan, rear wheel wells. My doors are going so was looking at those. If the dash is good would grab that. What are the odds it has disc brakes? Bumpers looked better than mine. Maybe it still has the washer bottle.

So everything! It is already in a nice package, best to ship whole.
Did he get you more photos of interior? He sounds like he's clearing out with little interest to taking more photos to help a sale .

Back