NOT MINE 1970 Dodge Polara Coupe - $750 - Chattaroy, Washington

I didn't inquire about the interior. I was short sighted and just worried about the trunk.

If anybody wants to try and work out an arrangement with me feel free to pm me or my email is cagnard4@aol.com. logging off for awhile. Thanks for everyones input\help\interest.

Paul

The Uhaul price you quoted is not necessarily correct.
If you were to pick up a trailer local to you, tow it out there the cost will only be 55$ per day. So you can get away with only spending about 600 on a trailer if you drive straight through.
The uhaul trailers pull like a dream. I've pulled many cars across the states.
Also, you can call different uhaul companies that are on the way and sometimes the value is worth it to pick it up somewhere along the way.

Two weekends ago I had to go into Kansas to get a uhaul trailer and took it up to Nebraska and back to Colorado.
That cost me 400 bucks as there are no trailers in Colorado. But then it was here in my town and I used it twice as long and it only cost me 200 bucks.

Ya better jump quick. That's a good price.

Also, you have to have a 3/4 ton or larger to tow these size cars. The uhaul system will reject you with a half ton.
Not on an e body, a body or b body but on a C body you have to have a 3/4 ton.
Also, with these size cars the uhaul size of trailer you need will be 7000 or the 7500 model. Specifically ask for which model each location has or you may end up with the lower weight model.

Something else, if you exchange a uhaul trailer with another person along the way, you will have to unload the car, check the trailer in and then do a new transaction at a uhaul place.
I had to transfer a cuda I sold at carlisle two years ago and I just decided to let the fella have the trailer and turn it in back in New Hampshire. Luckily he didn't steal the trailer as they cost something like 4K.
Get the theft Insurance!! well worth it.

The Uhaul price you quoted is not necessarily correct.
If you were to pick up a trailer local to you, tow it out there the cost will only be 55$ per day. So you can get away with only spending about 600 on a trailer if you drive straight through.
The uhaul trailers pull like a dream. I've pulled many cars across the states.
Also, you can call different uhaul companies that are on the way and sometimes the value is worth it to pick it up somewhere along the way.

Two weekends ago I had to go into Kansas to get a uhaul trailer and took it up to Nebraska and back to Colorado.
That cost me 400 bucks as there are no trailers in Colorado. But then it was here in my town and I used it twice as long and it only cost me 200 bucks.

Ya better jump quick. That's a good price.
He did say u-haul and a trailer, for the truck and trailer $1730 sounds right. I paid $700 and change about three years ago for the package deal for two days.

I paid $1521 for 5 days with a Ram diesel from Enterprise Fleet. $250+ for the U-haul trailer and a bunch for fuel. Worth every penny.

Whatever you need to do to get the car you need, do it.

It's gotta be cheaper for you to drive there and back with rentals than for you to fly and drive or pay someone to transport it. Gotta be.

I will help Paul if you need it but thats money that would go to your rentals ...

transport quote was under $1700 from washington. Trying to do my research and cover my bases where I can.

Its only $200 to fly out. Would pay more than that in gas i think.

But as noted the trailer rates are doubled one way. I presume the out of town trucks are not. You got some number crunching to do.

Flying out puts you where? Car rental, Taxi/ Uber to U haul?

He did say u-haul and a trailer, for the truck and trailer $1730 sounds right. I paid $700 and change about three years ago for the package deal for two days.

I paid $1521 for 5 days with a Ram diesel from Enterprise Fleet. $250+ for the U-haul trailer and a bunch for fuel. Worth every penny.

Whatever you need to do to get the car you need, do it.

I missed that.

That's for an inoperable vehicle in the mud with a detached hood?
If that's the case, that may be your best bet.

Back