NOT MINE 1970 Fury III $95k

5. No mention of the vin of the car, so I suspect it wasn't born with a 440, and is probably a Windsor built car which explains the lack of a/c
Agree on #1 and 2, dunno about items #3 and 4, but I respectfully submit that your fifth item is off the mark. See post #37 above. PM27T0D142696 is @Fury440 's 440 Fury iii 'vert, and she still has her original mill. As an aside, the VIN is listed on the dealer's site.

I remember this car and his website documenting his first attempt at rebuilding/restoring the car and how it disappeared for awhile and his tribulation in getting the car and all the parts back.
I fell off the restoration about that time and never knew it was completed.
Glad to see the car made it to the finish line.

:thumbsup:

Several things to keep in mind here. 1. This is Canadian money, so in US terms it's about $60k. 2. The seller is a Ford dealer. 3. From the size and condition of the building this car is in, this dealer has decided he needs something to operate at a loss for tax purposes. 4. Because this dealer isn't in this as a hobbyist, I think it's highly unlikely there's going to be any sort of wiggle room on the price. 5. No mention of the vin of the car, so I suspect it wasn't born with a 440, and is probably a Windsor built car which explains the lack of a/c
1. More like $70k
2. Was a Ford Dealer, sold the Ford dealer last year after the Classics dealer was up and running.
3 &4. The family was a high volume dealer (sold vehicles all across Ontario and Canada) money isn't and wasn't an issue for the family. Tax purposes or not, they are a business and are out for profit, no they won't budge on the prices.
5. Listed on thier web page.
Screenshot_20240120_150259_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 &4. The family was a high volume dealer (sold vehicles all across Ontario and Canada) money isn't and wasn't an issue for the family. Tax purposes or not, they are a business and are out for profit, no they won't budge on the prices.
Eventually, if nobody buys at the asking price, they'll need to budge.
If my theory is right, they'll sit on it awhile at that price, and then dump it to another broker at an unknown lower price, and that dealer will try to sell it.

I've developed this theory after seeing a number of overpriced cars that bounce from dealer to dealer, at roughly the same price, never seeming to sell into private hands.

Finally found the pic of Bill's visit.
At National Moparts, Nigel, me,Bill,Ross and behind Ross, employee Mike.
Sure do miss Bill. I hope his car finds a good home.

FB_IMG_1707213080860.jpg

Back