NOT MINE 1970 Fury III $95k

Derek @CanCritter and I were just discussing this. I know that Sue was trying to sell it after Bill died and a few members here were helping her out. It is definietly Bill's car as mentioned. You can tell from the air cleaner tht Paul put on the car during the restoration. Definitely concerned about the mileage discrepency,

Paul finished the restoration in 2014 or 2015, so it is coming on years old now.
I went back to Bill's website on the car and I see on the first page his "debut" after the resto was May 2013. So, coming up on 11 years.

I really thought it was done earlier.

Derek @CanCritter and I were just discussing this. I know that Sue was trying to sell it after Bill died and a few members here were helping her out. It is definietly Bill's car as mentioned. You can tell from the air cleaner tht Paul put on the car during the restoration. Definitely concerned about the mileage discrepency,
Do you think that's her (or family) selling it on consignment or do you think it's been flipped a time or two?

The car is worth some $$, but that seems like a price where it won't sell.

Do you think that's her (or family) selling it on consignment or do you think it's been flipped a time or two?

The car is worth some $$, but that seems like a price where it won't sell.
From what see, Bill was from Calgary, the car is now in Watford Ontario, 3050 km, away. I would have a hard time believing the family has consigned it 3 provinces over.

From what see, Bill was from Calgary, the car is now in Watford Ontario, 3050 km, away. I would have a hard time believing the family has consigned it 3 provinces over.
Ahh.. Didn't realize where the dealer was.

I'll admit to not being real good with Canadian geography, but I still should have picked up on that.

$USD or $CDN? Canadian would be $29.5K USD.

I was thinking $35K USD.

USD. The car had a full blown restoration by talented hands. It was a one owner car for 45 years.
It was ordered with the right options and the correct mods added.

Ahh.. Didn't realize where the dealer was.

I'll admit to not being real good with Canadian geography, but I still should have picked up on that.
Pretty sure it was sold a little after Bill died by the family. We discussed it being a $40k CDN car at the time. I am sure Bill would be happy to see it bring that kinda money but would understand that it’s priced out of the market especially if the mileage has been tampered with. I also don’t remember it having an aftermarket deck in it but could be wrong.

I recall looking forward to it's availability as it was likely the highest profile Fury convertible there was. Time passed and it went out of my head.
Gorgeous car. The seller is gonna have it a long time.

I also don’t remember it having an aftermarket deck in it but could be wrong.
From the restoration web site.

1705449463544.png

I found the thread here on FCBO where his death and the disposition of the car was talked about in March 2020. Seemed that very early on the family (whom-ever that might be) had no interest in the car. Searching for an obit turns up practically nothing, just an entry at the funeral home with a few comments, no writeup whatsoever about Bill or who he left behind.

Anyone here from Alberta that can spare $21 can buy the vehicle information report for the car. If it's like the Ontario UVIP it will show names and dates of when the car changed hands. I think only residents of Alberta can buy this. It probably won't show if the car was registerd outside of Alberta. We know it wasn't / hasn't been registered in Ontario.

Last edited:
FWIW. Bill had problems with overheating and with the torque converter. Not sure either were corrected before he passed. He said the torque converter was one he had for a while and used it. He said he should have bought a new one at time of resto.

Several things to keep in mind here. 1. This is Canadian money, so in US terms it's about $60k. 2. The seller is a Ford dealer. 3. From the size and condition of the building this car is in, this dealer has decided he needs something to operate at a loss for tax purposes. 4. Because this dealer isn't in this as a hobbyist, I think it's highly unlikely there's going to be any sort of wiggle room on the price. 5. No mention of the vin of the car, so I suspect it wasn't born with a 440, and is probably a Windsor built car which explains the lack of a/c

Back