1970 Fury III rag top

That's a heck of a garage.

Is this what you want?
Fury 1.jpg
Fury 2.jpg

Here is a fairly good bit on how they work. However the relay is an impossible part to find and then are just apt to not work. I used a modern Bosch relay.

page10.jpg

page11.jpg

page12.jpg
page13.jpg

One upgrade which reuses the breaker (5 amp) on the old relay.

1970_Charger_headlight_door_relay_upgrade.jpg

Here is another link to a good write up this is specifically for a 67 Charger, but no matter, they are all the same.

Your car is looking great. Are you going to badge it as a Fury III or as a Sport Fury? You have the grill and the front fenders, all you need are SF badges, interior door panels and a SF trunk medallion.

What rims are you planning to use?

Feel free to use my car as a reference, if pictures of what you need are not already on my web page, give me a shout and I'll take pictures of whatever detail you need.

:canada::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow. Thank you very much for the info. That's fantastic. I think I'll badge it as a sport fury. The one Plymouth should have made! My door panels are about toast so I'm searching for some. As far as wheels I'm not sure yet. I'd like a nice set of aftermarket that resemble stock, but have a little updated look. No dubs...

I think I'll badge it as a sport fury. The one Plymouth should have made! My door panels are about toast so I'm searching for some.

No need. The Sport Fury doesn't have any badging unless it got the Sport Fury on the decklid, which didn't always happen. Other than that, your inside door panels are the only thing to call out "Sport Fury." There was a nice set of door panels for sale here on the forum, but you'd have to dye them.

Is there a cover for the blower motor in above pic? Or just the door with actuator inside of it.
No cover. That's how it is. Door is inside there. You can replace the foam on either side of the door that catches dust/dirt. Mine just disintegrated upon touching them.

As you can see, I just reinstalled my dash after having it completely out of the car.

IMG_7627.JPG
IMG_7633.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet. Looks good. Going to go the same route with duramat of some sort. What did you use on the metal frame behind the dash? I bit the bullet and got a new dash pad as well. Mine was a goner.

IMG_9091.JPG
70Tom, what did you use for insulation in the upper corners of dash area. Shown is the factory insulation piece that has a snap that holds it in place. Mine is old and rotted.

Looks a little wide at the bottom. Maybe the bumper isn't vertical, ie need to pull the top back, ie loosen the bracket gto frame bolts and rotate the whole assemble clockwise a few degrees. I didn't have a picture of my rear bumper, but found one of the front. The gaps are the same front and rear.
IMG_7579.JPG

I don't know how I missed this thread before, good looking car. You are making good progress. Great looking Garage also.

Thank you 65 sporty. The garage has been an idea until this year. Finally made it happen. Polara500 thank you for the info as well.
Fury440 bad a** looking car! Did all Furys have a lower grille? Between the valance and bottom of bumper? I see a lot of holes for bolts/brackets on my car but have nothing.

View attachment 147806 70Tom, what did you use for insulation in the upper corners of dash area. Shown is the factory insulation piece that has a snap that holds it in place. Mine is old and rotted.
I bought that stuff from DMT. It’s cut exactly like the original pieces and has the plastic push in rivers.

Thank you 65 sporty. The garage has been an idea until this year. Finally made it happen. Polara500 thank you for the info as well.
Fury440 bad a** looking car! Did all Furys have a lower grille? Between the valance and bottom of bumper? I see a lot of holes for bolts/brackets on my car but have nothing.

There are 2 brackets that connect to the bottom of the valance with 2 bolts each and then 1 bolt each side to the frame.

Back