1970 Fury III rag top

There’s one on each side.

6757FB24-1AAE-4EFE-92EC-F4B1E9898B00.jpeg

Thank you 65 sporty. The garage has been an idea until this year. Finally made it happen. Polara500 thank you for the info as well.
Fury440 bad a** looking car! Did all Furys have a lower grille? Between the valance and bottom of bumper? I see a lot of holes for bolts/brackets on my car but have nothing.
As far as I know they all had the lower grill, but it was blacked out. I discovered it would shine p so it got the same treatment as the main grill. I figured if I didn't liked it I could always spray it black again. It's been four years now and it's still shiny, I guess it grew on me. LoL
IMG_7592.JPG

One version you will see a lot of is a totally blacked upper and lower grill. I don't much like that, these body styles need some chrome to make the car visually smaller. They are freaking huge when trying to park in a "modern" parking lot so there is no point making them look bigger!

Looks awesome. Thank you for the pic. Now for the next question...where can I find a lower grille? Searching the inter web hasn't brought up much. Murray Park?

Looks awesome. Thank you for the pic. Now for the next question...where can I find a lower grille? Searching the inter web hasn't brought up much. Murray Park?
Shouldn't be too hard as I think every 70 Fury had one. Maybe post in the parts wanted forum on this site.

BTW I replaced my firewall insulation with dynamat sound proofng, a lot easier to install and it doesn't absorb moisture.

Good idea. I was leaning that way as well. As far as the factory holes in the upper front fender at the firewall on the interior side, just cover with the dynamat? No need to cut around them?

Shouldn't be too hard as I think every 70 Fury had one. Maybe post in the parts wanted forum on this site.

BTW I replaced my firewall insulation with dynamat sound proofng, a lot easier to install and it doesn't absorb moisture.

Dynamat is great. You'll find "fatmat" on ebay. equal quality at half the cost.
front floor underlay.JPG

Dynamat is great. You'll find "fatmat" on ebay. equal quality at half the cost.

Well not really, the guy distributing Fatmat is a roofing material distributor and he sells roofing tape as a sound proofing product. Well it's not. Plus the self stick is designed for roofing not automotive and after awhile it becomes unstuck. You get what you pay for!

Dynamat ain't cheap, but it's really good stuff.

These holes
There is a plastic kick panel that covers that mess, and it includes a door with a cable to open and close it. These are the foot well fresh air vents. I didn't put dynamat there, but did put a foam weatherstrip around the vent hole so that when in the off position it actually stopped the air flow.

The kick panels get a yellow foam type backing material on them that helps insulate against them. DMT has those as well. That or you can use Dynamat.

Dynamat doesn't compress like foam so it wouldn't work well behind the kick panels. My factory foam was in bad shape so I used some weatherstrip from Home Depot.

Below are some pics of the kick panel.

Do you still need that lower grill? I am going to Wildcat Wrecking today and can see if they have it. Edit: sorry, just learned they are closed on Monday. :(

2017-06-18 13.17.44.jpg
2017-06-18 13.18.34.jpg

Last edited:
I actually have two nice kick panels. I was referencing the holes above the kick panels above where the dashboard frame bolts are. Can those be covered?

I actually have two nice kick panels. I was referencing the holes above the kick panels above where the dashboard frame bolts are. Can those be covered?
Don't see why not, the foam on the back of the kick panel already does it, but sound mat would give a better seal.

Never seen Hushmat so don't know, but if your buddy likes it ...

Dash is a darker blue than the door panels and rest of the car. Was the interior two tone? I like that blue with a white top. If I was starting over I'd go original but I'm not...red and black it is. That's what the PO had been switching it to so I'll stick with it.

Back