1970 Fury Side View Mirrors

Do the Dodge & Chrysler mirrors mount to the Fury ? I understand the base length is wrong . Is the angle right ?
Aside from not being able to find a passenger mirror , not concerned with being correct right now . Just want a matching set of OEM mirrors .

I'm working on a '69 Fury .

Just found this

NOS Mopar Door Mirror 1969-70 Plymouth Fury Right Manual - Hiltop Auto Parts

2999120-350x350.jpg

View attachment 144011

Makes perfect sense.. One casting with different "secondary" operations to either drill and countersink or drill and tap and insert a stud.
That explains this:
20170818_194437.jpg

My mirror is mounted in the outside holes. I wondered why there was another set.

It looks like my mirror is not correct for a 1970 Fury. I will take it off and look at the casting number.
20170818_194451.jpg

That big hole looks like someone tried to install a remote mirror. I had a Buick wagon that had twin remote mirrors, I really liked it since I could set the right mirror as required, the manual right is seldom set properly. I'm spoiled now though, my daily driver has heated/electric with memory settings.

You think maybe they just stamped all the doors with the hole ?

It would be more cost effective & easier to stock them . 1 part number for all .

That explains this:
View attachment 156762
My mirror is mounted in the outside holes. I wondered why there was another set.

It looks like my mirror is not correct for a 1970 Fury. I will take it off and look at the casting number.
View attachment 156765

Correct maual mirrors are on ebay . But it may not cover the holes made to mount the mirror you have .

Back