1970 Hurst 300...killed

Moparbrad

Reaction score
I hate seeing this. Anyone know the car? It's in Arkansas at Copart auction.

image.jpg

At least it still has the original engine and transmission along with data tag.

Alan

I thought it looked like an AZ plate too. Says it has Arkansas paper work though. Who knows. It does look like the fender tag is there and I'd bet that is the numbers drivetrain :poke:

image.jpg

Arkansas is a one-tag state. Could be the owner is from Arizona and kept that tag on the car for decoration.

That Hurst was from Arkansas. A couple whose name is Wilcox were driving home from a Chrysler 300 Club meet in Arkansas when the older driver apparently had a mild stroke and ran the car off the road into a tree. Both he and his wife survived but the Hurst was totaled. I understand that car was a very high point car and was beautifully done. It is indeed a shame to see it end up like this. But at least the Wilcox couple made it OK. Some club members were trying to save it from being salvaged by the insurance company, but it appears they were unsuccessful. There should be a lot of very good parts on that car.

Yea I see a lot of goodies under the hood and I'm sure the rear is still good The Trunk, Taillight's, Interior.

Damn that's a shame! A rare car indeed! A few years back during "the back to the bricks cruise"(Woodward knockoff) Hurst had a display with a couple of 442's. They had some brochures with info on there cars. I remember reading about these ones.

The auction company value of $17000 is nuts in its present condition. Also, thier aution fees on the bottom of the listing don't equal the total. Luky if they get $1700 with all fees included.

Looked at their web page looks like the cowl caught it too. My guess is the floor pans are buckled too. They were lucky to survive, one hard impact

Assuming the mounts are not broken off the block, the engine and trans might be salvageable; along with many of the underhood accessories. Much of the interior might be good for another car, too, I'd think. Sad to hear about the couple, but they survived the crash, and that is what matters.

Back