WANTED 1970 Imperial Coupe - with black bucket seats (to mend big hole in "C-body-heart" :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never heard of the big "O"?

You get to it by going here.
e7170044-2b7e-48be-b831-f92561500e70.jpg

You never heard of the big "O"?

You get to it by going here.

Ha ha.. yeah, OK!

It´s funny that you post that, as our preferred Bangkok hotel is located less that a mile from the actual bar, and we went pretty much straight to Nana Plaza, (right after I didn't mention being drunk yesterday).

Although we didn't enter the G-Spot place yesterday, we walked right past it, and into the neighbor bar.

Thailand ~ Weird and wonderful place :-D

You get drunk in Bangkok.....
The fact you go bar hopping in Bangkok in the first place is... well... umm...

You get drunk in Bangkok.....
The fact you go bar hopping in Bangkok in the first place is... well... umm...

Now, what's wrong with bar hopping.. and is'nt Bangkok one of the best places to do so? :eek:s_dancing2:

Bangkok used to be a GI's paradise......not so much since Aids.

confucius say : man who walk through airport turnstile backwards going to bangkok

One of the best places in the World to bar hop....nearly as good as Prague in the Czech Republic....now that place was made for having a good time!!!!

A little update from Thailand. I´m afraid that I didn't get any pic's... When driving back from the southern part, it was nighttime when we arrived back in the area where I saw the US car dealer, and with heavy traffic, and 6 lanes of Thai ppl in cars and on motorbikes, I must have been busy driving must have missed the place.. I did however, spot another 65 Mustang further south (as if anyone in here cared).

Going back tomorrow.. I don't understand where the expected "rain" of 70' Imp coupes for sale went...?

It has been quiet around here as far as Imperal coupe sales go so why don't you post up some pics that you took at the beech.

It has been quiet around here as far as Imperal coupe sales go so why don't you post up some pics that you took at the beech.

Hey Matt :)

Sorry abt the late reply.. I have been beyond busy after my 2 weeks away from my shop, and now.. I'm trying to catch up.

Yes.. I noticed that things did not flow exactly as according to my plan.. ~ Absolutely NO 70 Imperial coupes popped up during my holiday :-( I guess that maybe mentioning the "expected flood", jinxed it.. so my new tactic is to just remain calm, and just turn up "hope"..

Yesterday was the first day in the 2015 season here.. when Danes are allowed to take their "classics" out. (March 15 - November 15, we can drive our vehicles registered as classics). I had NO time to cruise myself, but Thursday.. a container will arrive, full of (B-Body) goodies, and I hope that I will have caught up by then...!

As for the pictures.. here's a little pic of my little cute wife, and as requested.. the pic was shot at the beach in Rayong, Thailand.

It's from out last vacation there, as I have not even had time to unload the pics from various phones and cameras yet.. :-/ Work work work work...
(and no Imperial to show for it.. :BangHead:)

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6554.jpg

Last edited:
The link doesn't work!
Thats interesting that your season there has official dates, what's the penalty if you're caught driving a classic out of season? Is the registration no good?

The link doesn't work!
Thats interesting that your season there has official dates, what's the penalty if you're caught driving a classic out of season? Is the registration no good?

Hey Matt

Post updated / corrected..

I think that the registration fee, and thereby the right to drive the car on the roads, is "all year", so the limitations are mainly questions about insurance, and specific rules according to ones specific policy.. E.G: if the insurance companies dictates a "max KM pr season".. or in case of the season dates, a common period for all ( I assume) classic insurance policies, in which driving is allowed.

I am not to concerned about the dates, as I try VERY hard not expose my Mopar's to the salt, that the state so eagerly spread, to "spice up the roads", honoring those who can't drive on slippery surfaces... :-D
(Or, maybe the salt is an attempt to save them from wrecking a car, first snowy day.. EVERY year... :-D )

As for penalty if driving out of season, I think the insurance HAS to cover in case of accidents, but then will recoup the paid amount. I remember many years ago, having written and asked for permission to move my cars during winter, and as long as they know, it has never been an issue. Driving my 70 300 through 10 inches of snow.. is probably the closest I'll ever get to how I assume it feels to sail a container ship.. "Brake today, stop tomorrow.."

The reason for this snowy, was that I was kicked out from my storage facility in December, and the result was this..:

CIMG0212.jpg

which is BAD bad bad.. so I quickly rented something new, and got my babies stored safely indoors again..:

CIMG0712.jpg

I really really miss the gold 300.. What a beautiful car !

CIMG0212.jpg

CIMG0712.jpg

Last edited:
Very cute and the gold 300 is not bad either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back