WANTED 1970 Imperial Coupe - with black bucket seats (to mend big hole in "C-body-heart" :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what I emailed you Kasper.
I was positive it is the same car.
At least you had a chance now to buy it.

I can understand your thoughts&reason for not buying it.

Even though I have to admit if I still feel something is "worth" a certain price to me then I pay it. Regardless of knowing someone is just flipping it.

There will be others showing up.
Maybe Martin can show you the brownie he found

Carsten

I agree completely Carsten, and to be honest, I think the car is ALMOST worth the new price, but that don't change the fact, that it can be bought considerably cheaper in the US, and that I'm not going on any more UK roadtrips..

The whole chain if events has me completely derailed, and to be honest.. despite the car being spot on color / buckets, so has the "more than double price tag"..

SAD, as this car matched my color-combo-taste and condition wise intentions.

Carsten ~ I am very grateful, for your swift and thoughtful help.

PS: Wouldn't mind at all, checking out the brownie, but as I'm no big "brown car fan" either, I would end up painting it... which could be sacrilege, unless it's a wreck.

Here's a LOVELY shot of the white beauty.... I sincerely hope that it finds a good loving home in the UK !

Air shot leaf.jpg

Air shot leaf.jpg

the brown one sold long ago.
It is a very old ad.
It is from a (french?) guy living in the US, he has had several C-bodies including a 72 Sport Fury in blue without v-roof, a 70 Plymouth Sport Suburban and a 72 Sport Suburban among others.
A guy from greece inquired about it in 2013 and it was already sold at that time

Carsten

There are some nice cars there! This is a sweet looking '69 And that Imp might be brown but I think it looks great!

image.jpg

the brown one sold long ago.
It is a very old ad.
It is from a (french?) guy living in the US, he has had several C-bodies including a 72 Sport Fury in blue without v-roof, a 70 Plymouth Sport Suburban and a 72 Sport Suburban among others.
A guy from greece inquired about it in 2013 and it was already sold at that time

Carsten

That's my "old friend" Gilles Beneyton..

He had a 1970 300 coupe way back, identical to mine (at the time).. except for a console.. Looking absolutely great..

The brown Crown looks to good to paint.. Gilles emailed me about it in December 2014 (EDIT - THAT EMAIL WAS FROM 2013-12-31), and was asking 1
7 076.75 U.S. dollars for it, which is more than I want to pay..

The only "Euro-Imp" I can think of, that I would pay that kind of money for, is not for sale.. ;-)

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I wonder who owns it....

He walks among us.. :-D

BTW: I hope the good C-ppl's of the forum here, won't think of me as a completely idiot, for not wanting to fork out double payment for the white Imp..

Even though I really really want(ed) the car, but I'd MUCH RATHER had fork the same amount into improvements, than down some dudes bottomless pocket !

I hope for another to appear.. and in not to many hours, I'll be on a plane away from civilization, crippled in terms of fast internet, and safe money-transactions, and thus the true rain of 1970 Coupes for sale will commence.. (I hope).. :)

BTW: Here's the fender tag decoded, from the white Imp..

YM23:
Imperial LeBaron
Medium something (Price.. sounds strange.. should be HIGH)
2 Door Hardtop

T0C: Unknown
Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

172440: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EW1: White Exterior Color
MRX9: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Leather Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
B24: Build Date: November 24
031119: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
H53: Unknown
R23: Search Tune AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
R31: Rear Seat Speaker(s)
P31: Power Windows

L35: Cornering Lamps
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
P45: Power Deck Lid Release
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
P28: Power Left/Right Front Seat

B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
V7X: Accent Stripes, Black

S61: Tilt/Telescopic Steering Column

T0C is 440-1970-Jefferson Assembly
H53=ac w/auto temp control.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRYSLER-...600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa2fdca78

This is for sale here in the UK. The guy selling has been into Mopars for years and has a very good reputation over here. He actually builds racing transmissions to a very high standard. He also has a beautiful 70 300H and an absolutely perfect 72 New Yorker for sale which should show up if you click on his other items for sale,

Good luck, Steve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRYSLER-...600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa2fdca78

This is for sale here in the UK. The guy selling has been into Mopars for years and has a very good reputation over here. He actually builds racing transmissions to a very high standard. He also has a beautiful 70 300H and an absolutely perfect 72 New Yorker for sale which should show up if you click on his other items for sale,

Good luck, Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks a million, but that is the car I am describing above, NEARLY having bought but missed out out on, due to a bad case of miss-communication..

But thanks a lot for posting it.. it was just what I am looking for, but having been SO close, and now at more than double the original price, I'll pass..!

It needs re-chromed front and rear bumper, new leather, has a huge hole in the right front fender (looks like a "fork lift encounter"), and deserves a luxury paint job to top it off, so at this price I'd rather find one still in the US, (which would also be a great excuse for a "wifeless road trip" :) )

Ah....gotcha..sorry, I didnt make the connection.....oops!

Cheers Steve

PS...just re read the whole thread and I missed the long reply you put describing your troubles with the seller....sorry, it all makes sense now....doh

Ah....gotcha..sorry, I didnt make the connection.....oops!

No need to be sorry. I´m just grateful that you posted the link... under "other circumstances", I would be negotiating the price now, but with all respect for ppl wanting to make money, it would just be to painful, having been so close to buy "further down the food chain"..

I am still VERY tempted to make an offer, but just as much as I am having trouble coming up with a high enough bid, the "new seller" might have similar issues, going low enough to meet me.. and again, the profit he is aiming to make, I would have spent making the Imp look as good as it deserves. (as new.. I already got offers for fixing the PS front fender, fixing the dent in the front bumper, and re-chroming both bumpers)... and my friend took all of January of from work, for our "Colorado Grand Canyon - Las Vegas road trip"... What a disappointment that was. It took me several weeks to stop talking about it, and as it appears, I have not even fully recovered yet :-(

I was / am worried about the fate of the car, but that week I planned pick-up, I NEVER dreamed, that it would be snapped up right in front of me, by someone who just wanted to flip it... it's beyond "unfortunate", and my "car-pain" is unbearable !

Steve, would you happen to know, what UK import tax has been paid on the car (how much). I wonder if it is the same as here, where the majority of tax, is not paid until the car is registered?

Thanks in advance, and thank´s again for posting the link. I still drool / cry a little bit every time I see it.. and still imagine it, sitting next to my white 68' Charger.

PS: I'm in Bangkok now.. Let the rain of '70 coupes commence ! :D

import tax has been lowered in the UK to 5%.
No "BIG" fees like in denmark if you want to register a car.
Denmark sucks in a major way in that point.

Germany is 7%, NL is 6%, all have no extra fees for registering (despite all the paperwork fees, saftey inspections etc)

Carsten

Denmark sucks in a major way in that point.

Thanks Carsten! :sSig_thanks:

So theoretically, negotiating a decent price is not completely off the table yet.. it's just a case of:

*The Imp making it long enough unsold, for the UK seller to mark his price down to max + 25% profit
(probably not gonna happen),

*Driving it home from UK, via the tunnel to France
(could happen, but would be "hellish spensive" in gas, and not half as interesting as a US road trip),

*Doing the much wanted "US road trip" in a boring rental (Not gonna happen, as I would much rather use the opportunity to acquire another US based C.. maybe one in danger / trouble :)

Yes, Denmark sucks quite a bit in that particular regard.. (and in a few other regards too) :toothy10: I will never understand our beloved government for punishing us Danish car enthusiasts. Why do we (and Norwegians) have to the only ones to pay these CRAZY fee's and taxes. This might also explain, why it is important to me, to find my Imp at a reasonable price. If the car is cheaper, so is the taxes.

If the price the UK seller is asking now, was a "ready to register" price, I would buy, but having to fork out an additional 8500-9000 USD in registration fee, (plus import fees, and import tax), makes me want to acquire it at "US price", thus making the import tax as little as possible.

In case anyone should wonder.. yes, Danes also have to pay tax of the international shipping!

I really hope, that one will appear in the US within a few years, and in a location, that will make for an interesting road trip :)

BTW. Lovely to have time on my hands. My phone is ringing of the hook, but I'm abt 10.000 km away from the shop, he he.. so I have time to catch up on the Forum, and palgue you guys with my long posts :-D

I searched and searched down here, but it seems like Thailand is close to being a "Mopar free zone", apart from a few "Neon's" for sale, nothing has come up yet. I did however see a nicely restored 65 Mustang :icon_axe:eek:n my way from the airport. Despite already being among the worst in the world, traffic here is getting worse and worse, in about the same rate as they are building new elevated highways, and today was no exception. Bangkok = total standstill ! I will rent a car and go south in a few days. i will try to make my way past a big US car seller down south on the way to Chantaburi, and will take, and post pics if there's anything interesting there!

Post away, you crack me up most of the time. I'm thinking it would be exhausting to be in the same room with you.

Post away, you crack me up most of the time. I'm thinking it would be exhausting to be in the same room with you.

Ha ha, I hope not Matt.. but I am aware, that I do get a bit to emotional and can't shut up, when it comes to C's, 70'ies cop shows and movies with car chases, (and the funky jazzy fusion music that is a natural part of such shows/movies). Sadly, I don't have anybody here, with whom I can share those passions.

IRL, I try to read ppl's faces, and shut up before they show signs of "ear fatigue".. which is a little hard in a forum!

For now, I'm in an apartment with 6 Thai ppl, so I don't get to say much at all. BTW, we are on our way to a mall called "Big C"...

BigC.jpg

BigC.jpg

Never heard of O-Bodies.. but it smells fishy, and right now, I am drunker than I care to admit, which is why I will not mention it at all !

:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back