NOT MINE 1970 Imperial LeBaron 2dr (Yellow, eBay, $5k starting price)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
YM23T0C146343 is currently for sale on eBay. Looks to be DY3, though the fender tag is hard to read. Quite a bit of rust outside, but the interior looks to be in good shape.

s-l16007.jpg

s-l16009.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16006.jpg

s-l160012.jpg

s-l160016.jpg

s-l160011.jpg

s-l160018.jpg

s-l160015.jpg

We have seen this car here before. It used to be on FB Marketplace some years ago. It was in TX then.
Awful lot of rust for a TX / CO car.

Is anyone else surprised that this didn't even get the opening bid of $5000? Nowhere near perfect but sure looks like a great deal.

Does the grey primer around the turn signal light signify a repaint?

Probably a replacement fender.
That makes sense. The V5X body side molding has fallen off of that fender. The glue must have not been as good as the factory glue.

In the engine bay, drivers inner fender, there is a lot of maroon primer showing through the paint.
Would that color be the correct color for the factory primer?

I wouldn't call that a rusty car. It would be good to see more of what's going on under the VT, but otherwise I'd call that body a dream-find.

Auction ended with no bids, is noted as 'an error in the listing'. Might've forgotten to put a reserve on it.

I wouldn't call that a rusty car. It would be good to see more of what's going on under the VT, but otherwise I'd call that body a dream-find.

Auction ended with no bids, is noted as 'an error in the listing'. Might've forgotten to put a reserve on it.
I agree. It's not rust free, but it's a pretty solid car. I'd say it's worth 5k.
I had a 70 Imperial Lebanon years ago. I bought it for the 440. It was in about the same condition body wise, but hadn't run in years. It was a triple black 4 door ht and it was absolutely loaded. I bet it was stunning back in its day
Bought it for $300, pulled the engine, trans, radiator and sold the car for $275. Back then nobody wanted them, they were just big block donors.
I still have the motor, it lives on as a 550 horse 440 six pack. Wish I still had the car.

Anyone been able to contact the seller?
I am not on Facebook but my friend is. Hés tried numerous times to get a contact number but to no avail.

He sent me the trim tag and I chatted a little with him. Replied pretty fast. But as with fakebook, people get tired of replying to all the dumb asses. Probably what's going on here. Send him your phone number.

He sent me the trim tag and I chatted a little with him. Replied pretty fast. But as with fakebook, people get tired of replying to all the dumb asses. Probably what's going on here. Send him your phone number.
Would make sense to send him my number but I would not expect him to pay for International calls (I am in Australia). Probably thinks i may be a scamer, which these days I understand.

If your really into the car send him a dozen pm's. Give him your number and let him know you would call him so as to not have to pay for the international call. Try, try again.

Back