1970 Newport

LitMike

Reaction score
Hello All,
My wife and I are new to the c body family. Her Uncle that is 92 just gifted us a 1970 Chrysler Newport 2 door hardtop, with only 118k miles. This car is almost all original! We have the build sheet, owners manual service records, the whole bit. It has had an MSD ignition upgrade and exhaust upgrade. The car was loaded from the factory, 440 TNT, Torqeflite transmission, 8 track, cast center road wheels, the list goes on and on. I really can’t tell you how blessed we feel to be trusted with this piece of automotive history.

I am looking for a few parts that have been misplaced or have just worn out over the years. I am hoping that I have found a source to point me in a direction to find parts on my list.

Take care!
LitMike

Last edited by a moderator:
@LitMike Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

Glad you joined! There is a wealth of information here and the parts you seek are here, somewhere.

You have mentioned that the car has a 440 and being a 70 newport I have not seen that yet. I'm very curious about the car. And I'm sure we all would like to talk about your car and it's loaded options.
Any chance you could post the trim tag on this car for us to look at?
Otherwise, I'm going to ask a lot of questions, like, what color is the exterior? What color is the interior? What are the options? What was the AC system? Did it have............

Things that I’m looking for are , passenger door kick plate
By "kick plate", are you referring to these? Or the plastic panels below the dash?

Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth

1659304346639.png

Hello All,
My wife and I are new to the c body family. Her Uncle that is 92 just gifted us a 1970 Chrysler Newport 2 door hardtop, with only 118k miles. This car is almost all original! We have the build sheet, owners manual service records, the whole bit. It has had an MSD ignition upgrade and exhaust upgrade. The car was loaded from the factory, 440 TNT, Torqeflite transmission, 8 track, cast center road wheels, the list goes on and on. I really can’t tell you how blessed we feel to be trusted with this piece of automotive history.

I am looking for a few parts that have been misplaced or have just worn out over the years. I am hoping that I have found a source to point me in a direction to find parts on my list.

Things that I’m looking for are , passenger door kick plate, quarter window seals. I am sure the list will grow.

Take care!
LitMike
Welcome to the site. If you are looking for parts, start a Parts Wanted thread in the ads section.

Glad you joined! There is a wealth of information here and the parts you seek are here, somewhere.

You have mentioned that the car has a 440 and being a 70 newport I have not seen that yet. I'm very curious about the car. And I'm sure we all would like to talk about your car and it's loaded options.
Otherwise, I'm going to ask a lot of questions, like, what color is the exterior? What color is the interior? What are the options? What was the AC system? Did it have............

Here are some photos. The one of the car is from 03. But you can get the idea. I also included the trim tag.

8A65F73D-882B-40D6-A608-3BEC6B882548.jpeg

D03098C0-0DC4-455E-AED9-EEBF662C1EEE.jpeg

V1L would be a champagne vinyl roof. I wonder what that color looks like compared to the white vinyl roof.

CE23U0C101862 is an early-build Newport. Yours has a rare (@marko pls confirm) option on a 1970 Newport: a TNT (U-code, high-power) 440 engine. @amazinblue82 will be very interested in seeing more pics of your car -- as will I.
1695999347476.png

Last edited:
Lookathere! Rare indeed.

No A67, which may be because of early build? But is that a factory variant of "440 Newport" badge?
And why do you think I tagged you? :poke::)

AFAIK, the A67 package included a regular 440 (cue the 350hp in the promotional ad), rather than a TNT engine like this car has. This said, it'd be great if @LitMike could take high-res photos of the badge on the fenders (between the wheel and the front door) -- his car seems special there too.

Back