1970 Plymouth fury 2 antique - $7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

70NPORT

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
***Not mine***

1970 Plymouth fury 2 in alright condition original paint and all original parts only 94000 miles on it and has only had one owner
Egine still turns just needs new tires fluids changed, a new lock for the trunk. seats should be
Rehapolsterd and needs new carpet not many of these cars made

Can easily be fixed up and sold for 20000 + for more details contact me at
540-846-2442 (prefer texting I work alot)

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/3048725451.html

1970 Plymouth Fury 60.jpg

The guy must think he has a big block Plymouth 'Cuda in disguise of a Plymouth Fury. I just cannot understand the logic of some of these goofballs.

Thats a television watcher that see's Auction numbers and thinks they are all worth that much.

Wonder why he doesn't "easily fix it up" and cash in at $20K. I'll save a copy for my next insurance settlement.

Frustrating thing is when you run into one of these dopes and you make an honest equitable offer they will almost always come back with "this car is ten times that amount". They have succumb to the "Barrett-Jackson" syndrome....and because they get no takers the car sits until the tires are flat.

This gentleman wants 5Gs for this 69' Dodge Coronet. Lives near by me, one day I stopped by just to find out stuff about the car.

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

Frustrating thing is when you run into one of these dopes and you make an honest equitable offer they will almost always come back with "this car is ten times that amount". They have succumb to the "Barrett-Jackson" syndrome....and because they get no takers the car sits until the tires are flat.

This gentleman wants 5Gs for this 69' Dodge Coronet. Lives near by me, one day I stopped by just to find out stuff about the car.

Unbelievable! I wouldn't doubt seeing it at Carlisle next month and asking even more.

The first guy is just plain smoking crack! the second guy with the Coronet is probably not out of line that far as that car looks very solid. I don't know where all the paint went but I don't see any holes....

The first guy is just plain smoking crack! the second guy with the Coronet is probably not out of line that far as that car looks very solid. I don't know where all the paint went but I don't see any holes....

"probably not out of line that far as that car looks very solid".

Look more closely to the top edge of the roof line.

ONLY reason I stopped and knocked is 'cause it's still a Mopar, returning itself to raw elements or not.

"probably not out of line that far as that car looks very solid".

Look more closely to the top edge of the roof line.

Fixing some small holes on a roof with a vinyl top isn't difficult. I think it looks worse then it is because of the tattered pieces of dried up vinyl hanging off. I wouldn't give 5K for it but with some minor bodywork and a fresh paint job you could have a good looking B-body, at least from the outside.

I have to give the Coronet owner credit for trying to protect the interior. Did you see the sunshade in the front seat?

Fixing some small holes on a roof with a vinyl top isn't difficult. I think it looks worse then it is because of the tattered pieces of dried up vinyl hanging off. I wouldn't give 5K for it but with some minor bodywork and a fresh paint job you could have a good looking B-body, at least from the outside.

I can tell you those are not small holes on the roof, the roof is so rusty and deteriorated that entire parts of it have separated from the frame and are corroded beyond repair. ALL the interior surfaces have some kind of moisture damage, the drivers side floor looks like shot gun blast thru it. The gentleman who owns it has had it sit where it is right now for at least 10-15 yrs. God knows when the last time it was when he fired up the 318. I remember driving by it as a kid. It has not moved from its spot. I don't know what's more shameful -- the fact he let it/is letting it rot back to base elements OR his asking price. He flat out told me he knows how valuable it is and will not sell for a dollar less. It USED to be a fairly nice car but because of raw greed, nobody will be enjoying it.

I can tell you those are not small holes on the roof, the roof is so rusty and deteriorated that entire parts of it have separated from the frame and are corroded beyond repair. ALL the interior surfaces have some kind of moisture damage, the drivers side floor looks like shot gun blast thru it. The gentleman who owns it has had it sit where it is right now for at least 10-15 yrs. God knows when the last time it was when he fired up the 318. I remember driving by it as a kid. It has not moved from its spot. I don't know what's more shameful -- the fact he let it/is letting it rot back to base elements OR his asking price. He flat out told me he knows how valuable it is and will not sell for a dollar less. It USED to be a fairly nice car but because of raw greed, nobody will be enjoying it.

Do you know if he has another car hidden in the garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back