For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury EBAY BIN $24,999.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't trash members or their cars on FCBO.
And that is not a "car." It is a pile of junk on wheels that was at one time, a nice V-code Fury. The only way it will ever again have any value even approaching the seller's asking price is after somebody spends the time, money and effort to restore it.

The only "story" here is people trying to sell their junk - yourself included.

d7c0f8b36ca92783f40275cea746ab34--leo-police-police-love.jpg

And that is not a "car." It is a pile of junk on wheels that was at one time, a nice V-code Fury. The only way it will ever again have any value even approaching the seller's asking price is after somebody spends the time, money and effort to restore it.
Ok, so a guy takes a Hemi Cuda convertible, (1 of 9 or 1 ofo11, pick a year) rusted to all Hell. Sticks an easy $50-75k into it, turns it into a close to million dollar car. Guess he should have crushed that "junk"? This car is as scares as hens teeth, it could command as much or more money than any V code B Body car, how many of these piles of junk still exist? This member has kept this and other cars so they could be saved. The cost of moving them around, storing them isn't really factored into the price. Look at a Hurst 300, they go for $28k to whatever r the one sold at a Mecum action, over $50k if I remember correctly. I thought these were overpriced too, but dona little research first and find out what you get, the history is pretty damn priceless. A factory promo car? How many of those do you see? Is it rough? Yeah. Will it require a lot of work and money? You bet. If I had the money, I'd buy all the cars the member would sell, these are the Holy Grail of C bodies, the creme de la creme. This junk is worth more than my cars and trucks put together, and I wish I had the means to get something this unique and, in my words, frickin' awesome. I was told to not judge the man wearing shoddy clothes, for he could have more stock than the banker you respect so much. This car represents that man, you need to look past the clothes, or in this case, the rough looking project that waits to be brought back to it's former glory.

Welcome to the site by the way, you can learn a lot here, enjoy!

The only "story" here is people trying to sell their junk - yourself included.

Ok, I wasted 30 seconds learning that 9-of-the-11 of the posts you've made in the past two years are complaining about other people's asking prices.

Move to Venezuela if you object to capitalism, we'll do fine without you.

If it has a VIN it is a car .
Next ...

Apparently some people around here are into the car value rareness fantasy theory. Here's a blinding flash of the obvious for you: No car is worth a penny more than a buyer is wiling to pay for it. That is why you see all these rusty junk heaps on-and-off the market again when somebody feels like engaging in a little no-risk cash generation. Then there's the delusional people who think their precious little mechanical baby is just worth way more than it really is. The 3rd type in this mix are the normal, less-stupid people. What type of car market participant are you? Pick an option: A, B, or C.

Ok, I wasted 30 seconds learning that 9-of-the-11 of the posts you've made in the past two years...
Ever wonder why I don't really participate in the discussions much?

Don't bother, wouldn't want to waste your time. I sure haven't wasted much time here in the past 2 years. Why would a sensible person engage with a bunch of idiots attempting to sell their junk - wIth "stories," no less!?

Just answer this 1 simple question: It is what it is, so why does it need a story? Does the story add value to the car somehow? Maybe for stupid people...

Apparently some people around here are into the car value rareness fantasy theory.
What drives the price of the market? Rarity sure does, if not you'd pay the same cheap price for a Hemi car as you would a Slant 6 in similar condition. You don't need an economics course to figure that out.

No car is worth a penny more than a buyer is wiling to pay for it.
Very true. But that doesn't change pricing, unless you're dealing with your next example;

Then there's the delusional people who think their precious little mechanical baby is just worth way more than it really is.
I strongly agree with this statement. Plenty of Barrett Jackson deep pocket people think that way and has driven the prices up artifically in some (many?) cases.

The 3rd type in this mix are the normal, less-stupid people.
But still stupid?

What type of car market participant are you? Pick an option: A, B, or C.
I'm in option C, less stupid (does that mean I'm amongst the smartest?) regular Joe, buying the cheaper cars that need work, but allow me to still enjoy these things for what they are. I've had cars that I can't now afford to buy. Would've been cool to see my '68 Charger R/T restored when I owned it, wasn't meant to be. That car now would cost me as much as this car for sale, and as much to restore, or just a little less. I'll be buying more scruffy C bodies instead.

And insult me all you want, I know I can be stupid, just like you can be. Glad that's your way to feel better about yourself.

Thanks for joining, I don' t know how we got along without your words of wisdom. If only we knew any of it before hand.

Ever wonder why I don't really participate in the discussions much?

No.

I do wonder why you would continue to be a Troll.

Trolls never made any sense to me, but it is the face-less internet, so I guess that's what happens. If you have a car that you would like to share, post some pics and start a discussion. I'm only here to hang out, shoot some BS and perhaps learn/teach something. It's called fun. Being annoying is, well, just annoying. But, if that's how you get you kicks, carry on.

I do wonder why you would continue to be a Troll.
I often wonder why people so wholeheartedly support car scams.

I suppose Wishful Thinking and Appeal to Common Belief are just popular fallacies around here. There's probably also just alot of junk needing sold, and like minded scammers naturally gather together.

I often wonder why people so wholeheartedly support car scams.

I suppose Wishful Thinking and Appeal to Common Belief are just popular fallacies around here. There's probably also just alot of junk needing sold, and like minded scammers naturally gather together.

Well. . . I don't know why you surfaced again just to troll and annoy everyone, but I'm done with you. Into the kill file you go.

In all Fairness, if you go back a couple of years, Dan's cars took some severe beatings around here, especially with the black 6bbl car and Dan didn't care at all. On the other Hand time has proven him not being wrong completely, all SF GTs have become significantly more desirable than 5 years ago and the black 6bbl car which was in about the same condition sold and undergoes restoration IIRC.

I think both parties within this Forum as far as Long time members are concerned have made significant steps towards each other, while our member Nadir Point seemed to have been more relaxed in the past as I saw this post from a couple of years back.

The ONLY time it matters is if somebody is misrepresenting the car for sale, attempting to boost the price.

Otherwise, if you don't like it, just get on with your life. Or get help. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back