For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury EBAY BIN $24,999.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all Fairness, if you go back a couple of years, Dan's cars took some severe beatings around here, especially with the black 6bbl car and Dan didn't care at all. On the other Hand time has proven him not being wrong completely, all SF GTs have become significantly more desirable than 5 years ago and the black 6bbl car which was in about the same condition sold and undergoes restoration IIRC.

I think both parties within this Forum as far as Long time members are concerned have made significant steps towards each other, while our member Nadir Point seemed to have been more relaxed in the past as I saw this post from a couple of years back.

Excellent detective work.

So he was driving these cars when they were new and enjoys the attention he gets for provoking
and talking bs about people he doesn´t even know ....
let me guess ... is that you n your fella ??

grumpy_old_men.jpg

don´t get me wrong, people like you are a rolemodel for me, I can´t wait to get old, sitting at
the frontporch and yell at these damn kids or ..

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg

thank the lord for the internet, so that poor people without a frontporch have the possibility to
play the loudmouth while being pushed around at home by the grumpy housedragon they
married decades ago...

Thanks for joining, I don' t know how we got along without your words of wisdom. If only we knew any of it before hand.
I know... How did we know what to buy or how to think before he came along.

I'd just like to thank all participants in this thread for helping update my ignore list. I think there's still a couple more to go. We'll see if anyone else crawls out of the woodwork...

Some interesting points made here.

I tend to not worry about what anyone else thinks regarding what I like. If I'm passionate about something, then that's my passion.

Just answer this 1 simple question: It is what it is, so why does it need a story? Does the story add value to the car somehow? Maybe for stupid people...

It doesn't need a story, but history and provenance usually add value, or help a prospective buyer in their decision to purchase.

Provenance, is not for stupid people.

Stupid people don't care about provenance.

I have a car that people did "trash" on this site, and they trashed the sellers style of selling. That's fine. Some questioned my sanity after I bought it, and I was called "stupid" and an idiot on other websites. I was also applauded on this and other sites for taking on an "involved" restoration of a historic car.

I'm fortunate to have the skills to restore it, and it's my passion so,...another one saved for posterity. There are lots of people out there right now restoring so called "junk" because that's their passion. I'm glad I bought someone else's defined "pile of junk"!

Welcome to the site, I always enjoy different opinions.

Last edited:
Some interesting points made here.

I tend to not worry about what anyone else thinks regarding what I like. If I'm passionate about something, then that's my passion.

It doesn't need a story, but history and provenance usually add value, or help a prospective buyer in their decision to purchase.

Provenance, is not for stupid people.

Stupid people don't care about provenance.

I have a car that people did "trash" on this site, and they trashed the sellers style of selling. That's fine. Some questioned my sanity after I bought it, and I was called "stupid" and an idiot on other websites. I was also applauded on this and other sites for taking on an "involved" restoration of a historic car.

I'm fortunate to have the skills to restore it, and it's my passion so,...another one saved for posterity. There are lots of people out there right now restoring so called "junk" because that's their passion. I'm glad I bought someone else's defined "pile of junk"!

Welcome to the site, I always enjoy different opinions.

That is well said. We are all car guys here. You should be able to share your opinions...but like anything else you can always go too far....and that works both ways.

BTW I don't know how you would have missed this car being for sale....how many years has it been on the market....advertised nationally pretty much everywhere. It obviously has more value to the seller than the market will bear. Maybe one day the two will meet...

Dave

BTW I don't know how you would have missed this car being for sale....how many years has it been on the market....advertised nationally pretty much everywhere. It obviously has more value to the seller than the market will bear. Maybe one day the two will meet..
I admittedly, publicly questioned Dan's sanity when he was advertising the black car for 85k.
After several years of Dan's marketing strategy ( C'mon, you have to admit it became annoying) I again called out Dan's insanity when I thought 15 tops.

Regardless, after 10(?) years, I'm thrilled Fury Pursuit came along.

I'll go ahead and quote myself for posterity's sake:

"The ONLY time it matters is if somebody is misrepresenting the car for sale, attempting to boost the price."

- Especially the ones with "stories!" Those are the worst. You can be pretty sure a scammer is working on a ripoff when the story starts. It's only "provenance" for stupid people.

THIS CAR HAD A GREAT DOCUMENTED STORY...CAR IS OFF TO ITS NEW OWNER TO HOPEFULLY BE RESTORED.. ITS SURELY A PIECE OF CHRYSLER HISTORY

Pretty clear option B, to me. (For whatever reason,) a restoration is clearly beyond the owner's capabilities, desires intent or bank account - however you choose to slice, dice or twist the story. My only point is a seller's motivation can be an important part of the buyer's perspective in the sale process.
WRONG.... I HAVE RESTORED 9 CARS... HEMI'S 6 PACKS BIG BLOCK A BODIES. ROAD RUNNERS ETC.. MY LIFESTYLE THE LAST 10 YRS HAS NOT BEEN GOOD FOR PROJECT CARS GETTING DONE.. I,M HALF DONE WITH A 70 CHALLENGER AND WILL FINISH THE BLK/ORANGE V CODE THEN NO MORE EVER..

I know the car work has become much more difficult for me in recent years. I'm sure alot of guys slow down quite a bit on that front at some point - I know I sure did. There are no more restorations in my future, but I only did about 3 1/2, myself over the years. I'm still working on that last half. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back