For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury Gt Project Real V-code 440-6bbl Car Tx9/tx9 Fully Documented-$15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what good is a fender tag without the factory engine and transmission? Can't even stick in a "date" correct engine/trany since in '70 they were factory stamped with the last part of the VIN code.

As much as Dan figures he'll make a killing on his various "V" code I think he's dreaming in Technicolor!

So what good is a fender tag without the factory engine and transmission? Can't even stick in a "date" correct engine/trany since in '70 they were factory stamped with the last part of the VIN code.

As much as Dan figures he'll make a killing on his various "V" code I think he's dreaming in Technicolor!

All you need to have a correct date coded engine is the SPD which on this car is A15=October 15 1969.

One month to two weeks before SPD is the normal range for most date codes.

The car was sold, and it came with a complete and correct date coded HP 6BBL engine and date coded parts: 9-11-69, HP exhaust manifolds, original 6BBL air cleaner, original date coded intake/carbs, NOS radio, original door panels, and parts car.

The car was not nearly as rusty as one would think. It has totally 100% solid rockers, floors can be patched and saved.

To quote the body guy,...."I have seen and restored cars in much, much worse condition than this,....this car really isn't that bad, pretty solid considering,.." I hear it is going to the frame shop to have the body aligned soon.

Apparently, at last, the car is being restored now.

Trev,

Thanks for the update mate, if true it really is great to hear. Finally the car is being brought back to life.

I want to see more pics of these beasts! Would be great to see a resto thread on this one....

QUOTE=Fury Pursuit;266425]All you need to have a correct date coded engine is the SPD which on this car is A15=October 15 1969.

One month to two weeks before SPD is the normal range for most date codes.

The car was sold, and it came with a complete and correct date coded HP 6BBL engine and date coded parts: 9-11-69, HP exhaust manifolds, original 6BBL air cleaner, original date coded intake/carbs, NOS radio, original door panels, and parts car.

The car was not nearly as rusty as one would think. It has totally 100% solid rockers, floors can be patched and saved.

To quote the body guy,...."I have seen and restored cars in much, much worse condition than this,....this car really isn't that bad, pretty solid considering,.." I hear it is going to the frame shop to have the body aligned soon.

Apparently, at last, the car is being restored now.[/QUOTE]

I actually checked out that car years ago, just after Dan brought it home. I needed some parts from him for my 70 Sport fury, so i drove down to Seattle to get them. He seemed like a nice enough guy, little eccentric when it came to the SFGT's...but can't judge him harshly on that. ;)

Car looked a lot worse then it really is. I'm glad someone is finally going to restore one of these SFGT 6bble cars. To my knowledge there is has not been a single 6bbl GT restored yet?

Ive always loved this car. I would have been a player on it for around half of that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back