NOT MINE Former CoPart Blue 1970 Fury III 'Vert "T" Code 440 In N.J. On FB. $50,000

Too bad that 440 4 speed wasn't in a GTX, then it would be a steal at 50K.
No disrespect to you Fury enthusiasts, it is what it is!
Fury Fan, how is that 65 SF 383 4 speed project you have coming along ? Have you unearthed it yet?
Let's see that baby, you have something there I would rather see. A car that's in your grasp for you to share with us.

Fury Fan, how is that 65 SF 383 4 speed project you have coming along ? Have you unearthed it yet?
Let's see that baby, you have something there I would rather see. A car that's in your grasp for you to share with us.
A pic located here:
FCBO Four Speed Owners Registry

I have 3 cars stuffed in a 2.5 car garage. My 300L sat across the back for a few years and I had the 65 SF to the front for some attention, I vowed to get it running again. It had been sitting for awhile, and when I started it up it had a bit of diesel-type noise that turned out to be some stuck lifters. Got those cleaned and put back in place and it ran pretty quiet except for some odd noise at the tailpipes. Diagnosed that as a burned exh valve. Got that addressed but need to put the head back on. Then winter hit.

So in comparing the SF and the 300L, the L needed much less attention to be driven, so the 65 SF got swapped to teh back of the garage again. The SF needs more than I have time for, and it would take about $5000 of work to turn it into a $4000 car. I cannot sell it as-is because I fear it would be at risk of getting parted out. And other life priorities get in teh way of it. And that's my history of this car - it was the first car I bought, and I worked on it for about 2 years, then better cars needing less work kept popping up and moving to the front of the line. But at least I've given it sanctuary.

Last edited:
A pic located here:
FCBO Four Speed Owners Registry

I have 3 cars stuffed in a 2.5 car garage. My 300L sat across the back for a few years and I had the 65 SF to the front for some attention, I vowed to get it running again. It had been sitting for awhile, and when I started it up it had a bit of diesel-type noise that turned out to be some stuck lifters. Got those cleaned and put back in place and it ran pretty quiet except for some odd noise at the tailpipes. Diagnosed that as a burned exh valve. Got that addressed but need to put the head back on. Then winter hit.

So in comparing the SF and the 300L, the L needed much less attention to be driven, so the 65 SF got swapped to teh back of the garage again. It needs more than I have time for, and it would take about $5000 of work to turn it into a $4000 car. I cannot sell it as-is because I fear it would be at risk of getting parted out. And other life priorities get in teh way of it. And that's my history of this car - it was the first car I bought, and I worked on it for about 2 years, then better cars needing less work kept popping up and moving to the front of the line. But at least I've given it sanctuary.
I somehow understood every word you said perfectly!

Have a good day,

PT

Back