For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury III Convertible 440 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would always lean towards the 440 over a 383-4 but that is just me as I am a 440 guy. I don't own a mopar without one but I know others have other tastes. I am sure the 383-4 is a good runner and is rarer but I prefer the bigger one. Now too bad you could not get the 6 barrel option on the fury vert as that would have been very very cool. A pain to tune but nothing looks better under the hood of a mopar IMHO

[QUOTE="Fury440,
C-body people tend to trash everything they see offered for sale while considering anything they personally offer for sale to be "rare" and "valuable".
[/QUOTE]

I love this statement, and see it all the time here. In all fairness, it crosses boundaries to most other car makes too.

Buy/drive what you like,...enjoy it while you can...we are all just "here today,...gone tomorrow"!

The car in question is a good car to have if you like fuselage MoPar convertibles.

Convertibles always have a following,....get this one rolling and you may come out on the plus side.

A lot of muscle car "collectors" and car enthusiasts are becoming more and more interested in full size Chrysler/Dodge and Plymouth's. They are being appreciated by a larger and larger audience hobby wide.

This car would be high on the list of desirable cars for some of those folks.

It's worth a try IMHO.

No reason provided you are willing to preserve and protect. Unfortunately, far too many "rare" items end up sitting in a corner slowly turning into dust. Take a walk through any salvage yard that has "Not for sale, I'm going to restore it" stock hidden in the back. Unfortunately, most turns to rust and is gone forever.
In the end, it's your coin and only you can decide what you use it for. As my Dad always said, "There are no pockets in a shroud so you can't take it with you". I'm following that credo and you know, it's fun!
sure, i agree there Bill, and have been guilty as charged from time to time...

ok, interesting. so, if you were to guess, how would the numbers stack up on original equipped 383-4 70 fury converts vs. 440 70 fury converts? sorry, had to ask....thanks.

I would defer to Bill. I presume he is the Fury III authority and he's been looking at all engines, not just 440s.

Which is why I asked why it has to be a 440, why not a 318?
he said buy what you like, if you prefer something "more rare" then that's what you prefer. Doesn't mean it's better than a 318, just for some he relative lower numbers of 440 cars add to the desirability (kind of like the guy on here that love power vents, right?)

The power vents became a running joke I believe.

I would never not buy a car because of engine size, If I liked the car regardless .

An engine size however has pushed me towards the purchase.

he said buy what you like, if you prefer something "more rare" then that's what you prefer. Doesn't mean it's better than a 318, just for some he relative lower numbers of 440 cars add to the desirability (kind of like the guy on here that love power vents, right?)

:BangHead:

I would defer to Bill. I presume he is the Fury III authority and he's been looking at all engines, not just 440s.
From my travels, I've seen a ton of 318 verts, some but not a lot of 383 and very few 440's. By 1970, the sale of 440's tanked, gas crisis was starting to ramp up and Ma Mopar started to detune like crazy to meet smog laws. My first "C" vert was a '68 with 318 and quite honestly I dumped it after less than a year because the 318 just didn't have the get-go I wanted. I traded it in on the '70 and went maybe over board on the engine. In hind sight, I should have ordered a 4bbl 383, less fuel and it winds up much faster than a 440. Live and learn.

sorry, i thought they guy had a thing for power vents, nothing wrong with that in my book...

I was banging my head over something else. Sometimes I'm certain I'm being clear when it's obvious from the responses I'm not

383-4 1970 Furys? How many?
Ma Mopar had a warehouse fire that destroyed a ton records, some of which covered 1970. I wrote years ago for any info they might have on my car, their answer was zilch. Unfortunate, but crap happens.

Ma Mopar had a warehouse fire that destroyed a ton records, some of which covered 1970. I wrote years ago for any info they might have on my car, their answer was zilch. Unfortunate, but crap happens.

Yeah but guys like Kevin M or Bill W have numbers available from sales reports and options reports. So the question is then, how many have you located? You surely didnt keep track of the 440 cars only, did you?

Yeah but guys like Kevin M or Bill W have numbers available from sales reports and options reports. So the question is then, how many have you located? You surely didnt keep track of the 440 cars only, did you?
I surely did, if the VIN didn't start with PM27T0D I stopped looking. I did collect pictures of the cleaner specimens so that I could get mine looking right.

As for various sales reports and options reports, I don't know how accurate they are. At best they are educated guess work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back