SOLD 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
post bump for really surprised this car isn't speaking german or Danish by now or at least stuffed in a big box headed that direction

post bump for really surprised this car isn't speaking german or Danish by now or at least stuffed in a big box headed that direction
Yeah, I am as well. Maybe there's no more room in Eastern Europe. :lol:

Nice vehicle. V.I.P wheels. hood bulge.I loved the 73 with the deluxe grille and high pocket rear fender wells and tail lights.The coupe was especially pretty. B.B

I have seen this car on ebay and there is one picture that really keeps me away.

This looks like trouble.

s-l1600.jpg

I have seen this car on ebay and there is one picture that really keeps me away.

This looks like trouble.

View attachment 229460

Oh, it definitely sucks. Seeing as I can't find a full quarter panel anywhere near me and no one seems to know how to ship one, I'm left with not being entirely sure what to do with it -- spend the money to have a pro go in there and use heat to bring out the metal, or wait until a quarter comes along. Thus far I'm choosing the latter....

However, when faced with repairing that quarter vs. the entire car, which most seem to need, I'd say it's much less trouble than what I had to get to the overall point.

Unfortunately I think this car (while beautiful) is in the same limbo as the '70 Fury III in the other thread.

Big dollar buyers don't want to turn wrenches. The want to drive it off the truck and go to a show.

Guys who can turn wrenches won't spend big dollars. They'll weld in a 1/4 or a trunk floor, but not unless the car is cheap.

Unfortunately I think this car (while beautiful) is in the same limbo as the '70 Fury III in the other thread.

Big dollar buyers don't want to turn wrenches. The want to drive it off the truck and go to a show.

Guys who can turn wrenches won't spend big dollars. They'll weld in a 1/4 or a trunk floor, but not unless the car is cheap.
I think you're totally right. At this point, I'm probably going to keep the car, eventually fix the issues, and then sell it for more money.

I think you're totally right. At this point, I'm probably going to keep the car, eventually fix the issues, and then sell it for more money.

Given that the Internet lasts forever, I would document (pictures) the hell out of the repairs, or you'll have people pulling up this thread until 2098. Good luck.

Most people overhere prefer the sports roof/fasttop vs the formal roof.

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back