NOT MINE 1970 Plymouth wagon in Wisconsin (looks like a Suburban with Sport Suburban grille)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
PL45G0D288554 is for sale in WI, so @70 Sport Suburban may have some info about it. No fender tag, only a VIN tag, but looks like FF4 "Lime Green Iridescent" paint with an (optional on 2-row wagons) D2F8 green vinyl bench seat interior. The SS grille must have been added, though the ad does not say so (apologies for the caps):

"
ONLY 62,000 MILES ON CAR
RUST FREE GA CAR
MOSTLY ORIGINAL PAINT
TAILGATE SWINGS AND FOLDS PROPERLY
FACTORY OPTIONS: A/C, POWER DRUM BRAKES, POWER STEERING,
POWER REAR WINDOW (WORKS W/KEY AND SWITCH)
ENGINE: 402/435 HP MOPAR CRATE ENGINE W/DEMON 750 CARB $12,700.
125 NOS INSTALLED BUT NOT YET WORKING
TRANS: “BUILT” 727 W/TRANS COOLER
NEW 3” DUAL EXHAUST
DIFF: 373 POSI AND ADCO REAR SWAY BAR

NEEDS: HEATER CORE (CURRENTLY BYPASSED)
A/C RECHARGE AND NEW BLOWER MOTOR SWITCH
NOS NOT YET WORKING
FRONT CARPET NEEDS REPLACING

(...) This 4.00" stroker engine generates a whopping 435 horsepower and 457 ft.-Ibs. of torque at 4500 rpm, and will make believers out of everyone in a hurry. The 402 Magnum features big valve Magnum R/T cylinder heads and stainless steel valves. Drop one in and let 'er rip. For maximum performance, Mopar Performance recommends the use of a 750 cfm Holley Carburetor (P4349228 - available through Mopar) and 1 7/8" Exhaust Headers (not available through Mopar).

Crate engines that change the emissions performance of the vehicle may not be legal for use on vehicles regulated for highway use in California and other states. Horsepower and torque rating based on test engine. Ratings may vary on individual engines.

Specifications:
Built with all-new components
4.00" bore/4.00" stroke
9.0:1 compression ratio
Big valve Magnum R/T Cylinder Heads
Distinctive Mopar Performance Cast Aluminum Valve Covers
2.02" intake and 1.625" Exhaust Valves
Heavy-duty Valve Springs
288°/292° duration, 0.501"/0.513" lift Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
Single plane, M1® 4-bbl Aluminum Intake Manifold (includes bosses for MPI conversion) taller than stock - check hood clearance
Double Roller Timing Chain and Sprockets
8-quart center sump street/strip Oil Pan
Mopar Performance Electronic Ignition Kit with distributor
Externally balanced as a Magnum engine, the following components required for proper balancing (not included): P5249843
Balance Weight and Positioning Template Package, P5249842 Cast Crank Flywheel

"

00o0o_eTbDCfAlVHQ_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_a4VFbVluboG_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_kXZNr60ITBS_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00000_9v3cBR8s7az_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_hb8exTuFKa_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_hLvg6lJ876N_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00e0e_gSYrYq4UuuX_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_aO9VyNKxMvN_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

00d0d_lIWTyJZoQVF_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

VIN 00s0s_cAdd2nhf1x7_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

This looks awfully familiar without the engine mods.

Last edited:
When I purchased my Polara a couple of years ago, it had a fire extinguisher strapped to the trans tunnel also, didn't know what to think of it, do people not trust the car? I guess its better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it! What is so prone to catch fire???? Is it fusie thing or an overall classic car thing?
Wagon looks nice by the way.

When I purchased my Polara a couple of years ago, it had a fire extinguisher strapped to the trans tunnel also, didn't know what to think of it, do people not trust the car? I guess its better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it! What is so prone to catch fire???? Is it fusie thing or an overall classic car thing?

It's a common-sense safety thing to me. I'd rather have no fire at all; but if one erupts, you are likely to save the car with one, versus waiting ten minutes for the fire department to arrive, as your car becomes a giant charcoal briquette. I've got too much $$$ wrapped up in my cars to watch one burn to the ground at the side of the road.

For $35K, I'd expect the heater and air conditioning systems to be working 100%. Same with the nitrous system!

I've seen this one before quite awhile ago, Tach on the column made :rolleyes: (I put mine on the A-pillar) so I wasn't going to post it for the wagon guys.

I've known about this wagon for a long seen it run at Mopar day's at a local drag strip year after year. Then it just vanished I believe it's changed a few owners over the year's 1st time I've seen it in about a decade.

Many car shows require you to have a fire extinguisher in your car.

While I don't have it bolted up front, I have one in the trunk of all my cars. Just a plain 10 BC extinguisher will cost you under $25 at Lowes Depot. Kidde makes a nice white one for auto/marine use. Just gotta use it once to pay for itself many, many times over. Yea.. The dry chemical makes a mess, but a fire makes an even bigger mess.

No need for an expensive one... $25 is cheap enough that you'll pull it out to put out someone else's car without thinking twice.

My brother lost a '66 Mercury to fire.

Many car shows require you to have a fire extinguisher in your car.

While I don't have it bolted up front, I have one in the trunk of all my cars. Just a plain 10 BC extinguisher will cost you under $25 at Lowes Depot. Kidde makes a nice white one for auto/marine use. Just gotta use it once to pay for itself many, many times over. Yea.. The dry chemical makes a mess, but a fire makes an even bigger mess.

No need for an expensive one... $25 is cheap enough that you'll pull it out to put out someone else's car without thinking twice.

My brother lost a '66 Mercury to fire.
Hi Big John, didn't know that some shows require it, good to know. The one I got did migrate to the trunk also.
By saving someone elses car you make a friend for life.

Have a nice weekend,

Tony

I put my extinguisher in the rear foot well, easy to get to and I found that out once.

For many shows, such as AACA, you must have a fire extinguisher close at hand or you will not be judged. I carry one with me at all times. old fuel lines or such can rupture and cause a fire at a moments notice.

Back