NOT MINE 1970 Polara 2dr HT with 383 for 1200$

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
will probably be gone very quick

Facebook

in spokane Washington

Unknow real miles. Most likes over 100k. Has been sitting a while. Husband has cancer so now downsizing projects. 383 complete.Would love to sell to someone to restore but reality is might go for derby car. Haul by trailer only. Clean title. Located on Bowdish off 4th.

47428500dn.jpg

47428501et.jpg

47428502mj.jpg

47428503tu.jpg

47428504zs.jpg

47428505kq.jpg

Thank you -- whoever buys DM23L0R136653 will be getting a bargain. Even if the underside is toast (and it may not be), this car is definitely worth north of $1.2k+.

SPD 930 built in Windsor, no Fratzog. I will presume this one has its original Chrome. Those SPDs in the first two months are important.
I noticed the early dash when it was first posted.
You are optimistic M.

will probably be gone very quick

Facebook

in spokane Washington

Unknow real miles. Most likes over 100k. Has been sitting a while. Husband has cancer so now downsizing projects. 383 complete.Would love to sell to someone to restore but reality is might go for derby car. Haul by trailer only. Clean title. Located on Bowdish off 4th.

View attachment 655832

View attachment 655833

View attachment 655834

View attachment 655835

View attachment 655836

View attachment 655837

No A/C. . .

SPD 930 built in Windsor, no Fratzog. I will presume this one has its original Chrome. Those SPDs in the first two months are important.
I noticed the early dash when it was first posted.
Suppose the car is rotten underneath. Dash looks to be in perfect condition, that alone is $600 IMO. Lots of good parts, plus a super lite. And if it not rotten, then that’s a cool car to fix up.

If I were in WA and had space, then I’d have bought it already.

It's likely to be parted, however I can't help but think at what point are these going to stop being looked at as parts cars? It's mostly complete and can be easily turned into at least a driver again.

It's likely to be parted, however I can't help but think at what point are these going to stop being looked at as parts cars? It's mostly complete and can be easily turned into at least a driver again.
It all depends on what’s underneath. If solid then I agree.

It all depends on what’s underneath. If solid then I agree.
With where it's located I can't imagine the actual structure being bad like a Midwestern car. I'm sure the bones are good. Trunk pan is thin certainly, otherwise I'd be surprised to see major rot in the rails/floors/stub/firewall.

Screenshot_20240415_193749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spokane doesn't get rain. The Cascades see to that. This car has rust though, quarters are just as bad. The windows are down, mold everywhere, it's been under a cover which is worse for the car than sitting in the sun. I'd love to be wrong on this.
You are correct, dash looks OK but is it so fragile it'll Crack from moving it.
Someone prove me wrong.

Screenshot_20240415_194047_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240415_194047_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240415_194139_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240415_194120_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240415_194108_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240415_194058_Samsung Internet.jpg

So it needs common rust repairs that most fuselage cars require. Are the rails shot? Stub? Firewall/cowl?

All the car needs is the right person willing to bring it back.

So it needs common rust repairs that most fuselage cars require. Are the rails shot? Stub? Firewall/cowl?

All the car needs is the right person willing to bring it back.

but the amount of people being into Fuselages and willing (or being able) to do all the work mostly themselfs is going down.
So they either need to pay someone to do it or let it be.

Not enough people out there like you willing to fix up cars.
Of course there is a bunch of us hoarding.

I do not think this car will survive even if the bones are good.

Carsten

With all the work it needs it will require a lot of metal replacement. Now you gotta find a parts car. OR a whole lotta pieces . It's cyclical. This car is a parts car with not much there to pick.
The seams are rusting, penetrations through the cowl are rusting. Hell even the ash tray housing is rusting.
Screenshot_20240416_045005_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240416_044915_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240416_044905_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240416_044853_Samsung Internet.jpg

However, the frame is probably good, it could breath.

Oh bull. There are stupid GTs and Chryslers that are 10 times worse than this being saved.

This is a feasible project car. Stop acting like it's not.

but the amount of people being into Fuselages and willing (or being able) to do all the work mostly themselfs is going down.
So they either need to pay someone to do it or let it be.

Not enough people out there like you willing to fix up cars.
Of course there is a bunch of us hoarding.

I do not think this car will survive even if the bones are good.

Carsten

The fuselage crowd is growing not shrinking.

The fuselage crowd is growing not shrinking.

It might be growing now in the US but I do not have the impression that those that work on them thereself is really rising.
People loving, driving, hoarding them: yes might be on the way up
People working on them : on the way down due to age for the most part IMHO

Carsten

It might be growing now in the US but I do not have the impression that those that work on them thereself is really rising.
People loving, driving, hoarding them: yes might be on the way up
People working on them : on the way down due to age for the most part IMHO

Carsten
I don't see that. All ages are into fuselage cars. Simply because the muscle cars are priced out of the reach of the younger generations. It seems with Polaras, their dad had one and they are fixing them up. That's what I've seen alot lately, and that's my story as well.

Another car (blue 69 2dr polara) you guys beat to death here sold to a young guy and he came to me and got a bunch of sheet metal and advice on it.

Look at all the good.

Big block.
No AC.
Great color. (X9 is better)
Super light.
Pretty much complete.

This is a doable project for the right person.

i have no "dog in the fight" as to anyone else's opinion :).

for a hobbyist like me -- with means but NO skill to do hard things myself -- this Polara looks to be way too far gone. that makes it a parts car TO ME.

COULD it be brought "back to life" in the "right" hands? of course. we all have seen "WORSE" cars with oak trees growing thru the engine compartment, with paper mache sheet metal, fixed up and winning awards at car shows.

would i recommend that project to anyone for this one?. nope.

purely objectively, investment-based, just observing its condition/marketability if done. better cars/ways to spend several thousand $$/man hours of labor, again in my opinion.

would i buy it "as is" - today? yup, only if i could get it (not even gonna try tho at any price) from wherever it is into my warehouse for <$1K...where I would have it promptly parted out and the rest recycled.

i respect anyone's plans/skills/$$ IF a different objective for it than mine. :)

Back