For Sale 1970 Polara convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, it might be worth a trip for you to have Adleen meet this car if you haven't already.......Pottstown is only abt an hour from you.

Nice to see that the price for this one has gone from stupid to simply too high. I think your original evaluation is still valid. The 2nd car looks a lot like Nessie in 2001, very restorable. Not sure what to make of the 71 grill. Thanks for posting these updates.

Best I could do in the garage

187134 & 170979 2014.JPG

I've noticed the trend to larger cars. Some factors could be the high cost to restore/purchase supercars these days and the fact that the guys, (like me), who bought and drove the supercars new are becoming older and wiser and discovering that you can have the same powertrain in a larger, more user friendly and comfortable car at a fraction of the cost.
A fellow about my age offered his 67 hemi Coronet R/T as straight up trade for Jazabelle at the Mopars at the battleship show this past Saturday. He said he thought jazabelle was "the perfect car" in type, size, color and engine.

Did you take the trade Will? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Wil. . . Didja ?!?

[QUOTE="shooter65,

I got my Hemmings Motor News yesterday and there was an interesting article on full size cars written by Richard Lentinello. Basically saying that the large cars are starting to become more popular.

I've noticed the trend to larger cars. Some factors could be the high cost to restore/purchase supercars these days and the fact that the guys, (like me), who bought and drove the supercars new are becoming older and wiser and discovering that you can have the same powertrain in a larger, more user friendly and comfortable car at a fraction of the cost.
A fellow about my age offered his 67 hemi Coronet R/T as straight up trade for Jazabelle at the Mopars at the battleship show this past Saturday. He said he thought jazabelle was "the perfect car" in type, size, color and engine.
[/QUOTE]
wow, that's impressive. just curious, was it in nice condition and matching numbers?

He was right... only thing nicer would be a Formal:poke:

Nope, it's not a gotta have car. Those are all in my garage. If a white interior car shows up....then I'm doomed
I can take you to a 1970 300 CONVERTIBLE, garage kept. White top and interior. 440 auto. $ 12,000. Neg, at that.

Even though this car is very nice....

I like your blue car the best!
I have to agree. Dave I love the convertible but there is just somthing that draws me to the blue car and white interior. Every time I see it at Carlisle I just keep coming back to it. It has a striking color combo. The car is very sharp and no doubt one of my favorite c body cars at Carlisle. No doubt a keeper!

I have to agree. Dave I love the convertible but there is just somthing that draws me to the blue car and white interior. Every time I see it at Carlisle I just keep coming back to it. It has a striking color combo.

The color combo seem to make it look smaller to me too

There is no reason for this car to be sitting. The European guys should have pulled the trigger on this car already.
If I wasn' t steadfast is a plan I would buy this today for ten.

Back then they chuckled at ten, back then I was being kind. Today , it' a deal.

Guys this is the real deal.....no rust solid body, pliable vinyl , original top , interior, boot.

There is no reason for this car to be sitting. The European guys should have pulled the trigger on this car already.
If I wasn' t steadfast is a plan I would buy this today for ten.

Back then they chuckled at ten, back then I was being kind. Today , it' a deal.

Guys this is the real deal.....no rust solid body, pliable vinyl , original top , interior, boot.
Agreed, even with the weak market for these cars it's astonishing that no one has picked it up. Small block syndrome maybe?

I think that's it Fred...with zero options and pale paint.
If the seller washed and detailed it I think they could easily get their 12.5 in today's c body world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back